Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best specs to work with HSTouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the best specs to work with HSTouch?

Hi all,

I have a Acer b1-720 7" with android 4.4.2 but HStouch keeps crashing after sometime and i have to restart the tablet again.

So i was thinking to get me a 10" tablet with some better specs...but what are the best specs to work with HSTouch...

- Should the os be Android or Windows 10?

- Processor ?
    - minimal memory ?

or should i step over to another client interface ?

ImperiHome has nice feather to use the frontcamera to switch on the screen!
    HsTouch is not able to do that (.. feather request )
    But a downside of Imperihome is, your are not able to design your own screen layout, it is limited to the available templates in Imperihome.

HSTouch gives you the freedom to design your own layout.

please advise...

I have an Acer Iconis A500 with the same firmware and have the same problems. I've ditched it HSTouch runs fantastic on the iPad gen4 and only crashes occationally on the gen 1 iPad. I also have a Win10 tablet and its way more stable. With that being said I ahve install hstouch on my newer android phone and dont have nearly the problems I had with the Acer. I've been looking at the Nexus line of touchpads.

Comment

Comment

I started using an Amazon Fire HD8 tablet for HSTouch several weeks ago, attracted by the $50 promotion. It is working great. No problems at all.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This is promising maybe I'll downgrade it.

Comment

Does the 7" not get upgraded to 6.0? Is it stuck at 4.4.2? I cant say I understand the Android update scheme.
            I just got a couple of Asus Zenpad z300's. They seem to be an upgrade from the acer iconia at least sound-wise as the iconia sounds really tinny/trebble-hiss'ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              I started using an Amazon Fire HD8 tablet for HSTouch several weeks ago, attracted by the $50 promotion. It is working great. No problems at all.
              Do you run the Android version on the Fire?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Also use Amazon Fires here. Have a HD8 and HD10 (8 was $50 and 10 was $100 during the holidays) and they appear to work perfectly. The 10 is much faster BTW. HS Touch is available in the Amazon store. There are guides to install the Google Play store to use android software (tasker, etc.) as well.

Comment

Working...
                X