Amazon Alexa will not discover plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Alexa will not discover plugin

Homeseer plugin downloaded and configured. App works all functions of the receiver flawlessly. When in Alexa app to discover devices, it cannt find UltraPioneer/receiver. Subgestions welcomed.

Originally posted by mjrelph View Post
    Homeseer plugin downloaded and configured. App works all functions of the receiver flawlessly. When in Alexa app to discover devices, it cannt find UltraPioneer/receiver. Subgestions welcomed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	receiver.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1196477

Make sure that the control use is set properly so that Power Off is set to Off and Power On set to on and the Status-Control is set to Control for those items as well. Alexa will only discover and control those particular controls for the device, doesn't have anything to do with the plugin itself.. Other options include making some events to control volume, change channels, etc...and setting a voice command for them. You can also use "Tell Homeseer to Input Blue-Ray" for example and I believe that would work as well.

Comment

Forgive me but im trying to learn this system. Could you provide me a little detail on how to get to the screen you provided? Thank you.

Comment

I am currently in the process of updating all of my plug-ins to automatically enable voice control of devices that make sense (like the receiver power device). In the mean time, navigate to View > Device Management, then click the device name "PAV1 Power", then click the Status Graphics tab. From there, you can set the Control Use for On and Off, then ask Alexa to discover devices.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Excellent and problem solved! Works great and thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X