No announcement yet.

DLNA Manager Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk, sorry to bother you again, I think I lost the ability to play, pause or stop via an event, this is what I get, see attached.

In Addition in the log I see these events but not sure where they come from.

11/10/2012 10:07:34 PM - DLNA Manager - Error in ActionUIFormat with Error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Thanks,
    Aldo
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
      Dirk, sorry to bother you again, I think I lost the ability to play, pause or stop via an event, this is what I get, see attached.

In Addition in the log I see these events but not sure where they come from.

11/10/2012 10:07:34 PM - DLNA Manager - Error in ActionUIFormat with Error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Thanks,
      Aldo
      I think you deleted the .ini file, that means you should delete all the Homeseer devices the PI created and the actions/events/triggers/conditions.

So when something fails, last thing I recommend people to do is delete the .ini file. One note of caution, the PC that is hosting Serviio, make sure it has either a static IP address or make sure the DHCP server always assigns the same IP address (stitch the MAC address to an IP address). DLNA devices are identified by a UDN (Unique Device Name) which in case of a SW program (at least for Serviio), the UDN is derived from the IP address, so if that PC receives a new IP address, the PI won't recognize that instance of Serviio anymore and will detect a new one.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,
        Sorry mia culpa, I deleted the ini, all the devices, actions and events but still having issue.
        The HSTouch device loses the settings every time I reboot and my TV has been recognized but does not become green in the DLNA configuration. Do I need to remove anything else? By the way I renamed the old ini and not deleted, would it help?

The IP for all the devices are static.

Thanks,
        Aldo

Comment

The HSTouch device loses the settings every time I reboot
          Another note of caution here, don't delete/recreate devices unless you have to. HST screens refers to devices either by their HS code or by a music index. Deleting and recreating devices will end up with different codes and indexes and therefore the screens won't work unless you go back in HST designer and reassign them (and save/deploy new configuration).
          What exactly is it loosing? What kind of HST device are you using and can you describe what you lose and how you fix it? Are you booting the HST device or the HS PC?

my TV has been recognized but does not become green in the DLNA configuration.
          A screen shot and/or debug log may help. Have you tried to remove it, then delete it (use the DLNA config web page), then hit rediscover on the HS status page, then add it again? I believe you turned "do rediscoveries off", make sure you hit the rediscover button when a device seemingly doesn't want to become active. If the IP or UDN has changed, this is the only way to rediscover/adjust it.

Do I need to remove anything else? By the way I renamed the old ini and not deleted, would it help?
          Unless you can restore everything, including the HS devices, don't try to restore. The only time you would use the backup of the ini is when you accidentally deleted it or it got corrupted but before you deleted any HS devices ....

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,
            Thanks to your suggestions I got everything back.
            The only thing that is not working is that is not saving the HSTouch playlist, when I reboot I need to re-add it to the HSTouch in order to play it again otherwise the current playlist is empty. I'm attaching the print screen. Otherwise everything is working great so far.

Thanks for your continual help,
            Aldo

11/11/2012 7:45:06 PM - DLNA Manager - Error in LoadCurrentPlaylistTracks for device = HS Touch Device loading the XML for Playlist = C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\DLNA_Manager\Playlists\1111-2222-3333-4444-5555.xml with error = An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 17244.
            Attached Files

Comment

11/11/2012 7:45:06 PM - DLNA Manager - Error in LoadCurrentPlaylistTracks for device = HS Touch Device loading the XML for Playlist = C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\DLNA_Manager\Playlists\1111-2222-3333-4444-5555.xml with error = An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 17244.
              Can email or post this file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\DLNA_Manager\Playlists\1111-2222-3333-4444-5555.xml

Have you tried to clear the queue, build it again, then restart. If you keep on having this error, email me the .xml file or upload as attachment

Dirk

Comment

I rebooted many times and recreated it
                Please see attached file.

Thanks,
                Aldo
                Last edited by alphatech; November 13, 2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.29 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.29:
                  • Added support for browsing content (Jukebox) in HS Touch added. PI will now create own Database from active DLNA servers and you can use the musicBrowser Template in HST designer. Note it only supports music content, not pictures or video (yet)
                  • Fixed issue when playlist contain non encoded characters like & in stored titles, the XML playlist file will be corrupt and cannot be loaded. Delete and recreate if playlist was corrupt

Comment

I rebooted many times and recreated it
                    Please see attached file.

Thanks,
                    Aldo
                    New beta .v29 uploaded which should fix this. You need to clear queue (or delete xml) and recreate playlist.
                    Let me know how it goes.
                    Dirk

Comment

Dirk,
                      Perfect, I will run it thru, I will let you know if I have any other issues.

Thanks again,
                      Aldo

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.30 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.30:
                        • Fixed some bugs with triggers. Do delete previously created (just open and save might as well do it) triggers

Comment

dangit! I just got .29 installed last night!

:-)

--Dan
                          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                            For some reason the HSTouch "Shuffle queue" get changed back to "Don't shuffle queue"

How can I create multiple playlists and load them via an event?

Thanks,
                            Aldo

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                              For some reason the HSTouch "Shuffle queue" get changed back to "Don't shuffle queue"
                              When does that happen? Is it after you ran an event or announcement? I have been thinking how best deal with events, whether the PI should store the current queue and state and restore afterwards but that could cause other unwanted behavior.

How can I create multiple playlists and load them via an event?
                              Not sure I understand what you want to do. Can you give an example? Are these playlists created by the PI or stored on server?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                                Hi Attached the picture here. The shuffle queue does not stay on. Need to reset it all the times. Not sure if when I reboot, or when I go back to the HSTouch page. Right now, I see the same pictures anytime I hit play, I would like to randomize them from the playlist.

I would also like to be able to create multiple playlists and via an event select a different playlist.

I hope, I'm a little bit more clear.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X