No announcement yet.

Samsung TV Remote Control Plug-IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to figure out the difference between your TV and mine. I know mine has this capability, not sure why is not working for me.

Thanks for the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
      I would love to figure out the difference between your TV and mine. I know mine has this capability, not sure why is not working for me.

Thanks for the updates.
      i was refering to the plugin in general, i can test the message feature tonight
      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Question on Samsung TV-55C6300

I have a Samsung TV-55C6300 and tried the plugin. Only the messaging service device is created. Does thi indicat the TV does not support DLNA controll? There is no menue on tv to enable remote network control.

Anybody try this on Samsung TV-55C6300?

Thanks

Message Service Off SamsungRemote Samsung TV-55C6300 - Message Service $1 Message Service Never Set

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard View Post
          I have a Samsung TV-55C6300 and tried the plugin. Only the messaging service device is created. Does thi indicat the TV does not support DLNA controll? There is no menue on tv to enable remote network control.

Thanks

Message Service Off SamsungRemote Samsung TV-55C6300 - Message Service $1 Message Service Never Set
          Hi Gerard,

this is a remote control plugin. For DLNA functions, use this PI (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...34&postcount=1).
          Dirk

Comment

Thanks

Forgot to mention, the fact that the Samsung remote devices get created, means that your TV is enabled for remote control AND responds to DLNA. Question is how much more does it support via DLNA

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              Hi Gerard,

this is a remote control plugin. For DLNA functions, use this PI (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...34&postcount=1).
              Dirk
              Dirk
              Thanks for the quick reply. I maybe should not have used the word DLNA. My question was just this: Does this remote plugin work with the 55C6300 and since the PI only generated the message device is that the only supported feature on the 55c6300?

Comment

Dirk
                Thanks for the quick reply. I maybe should not have used the word DLNA. My question was just this: Does this remote plugin work with the 55C6300 and since the PI only generated the message device is that the only supported feature on the 55c6300?
                What exactly are you expecting your TV to do?

Let me answer in a different way. The fact that this PI created the HS devices (should) mean that your TV supports this remote control feature. Is it not working? You do have to activate the remote and when you do that, a pop up screen on your TV should show up where you need to allow access.

Whether the TV has other functions, this PI ONLY focusses on remote control functions so you won't get anything else out of your TV with this PI, that's why I suggested the DLNA PI which (when supported by your TV) can allow you to play content from that PI.

So back to the original question, what is it you want your TV to do. At best it allows content to be played from a remote control point and mimic a remote control (except for power on). I'm not aware of any other features supported by Samsung

Dirk

Comment

What exactly are you expecting your TV to do?

Let me answer in a different way. The fact that this PI created the HS devices (should) mean that your TV supports this remote control feature. Is it not working? You do have to activate the remote and when you do that, a pop up screen on your TV should show up where you need to allow access.

Whether the TV has other functions, this PI ONLY focusses on remote control functions so you won't get anything else out of your TV with this PI, that's why I suggested the DLNA PI which (when supported by your TV) can allow you to play content from that PI.

So back to the original question, what is it you want your TV to do. At best it allows content to be played from a remote control point and mimic a remote control (except for power on). I'm not aware of any other features supported by Samsung

Dirk
                  Dirk
                  Sorry should have been clearer. I just want to select inupts like HDMI1, HDMI2.... The TV is UN55C6300 with current up to date firmware T-VAL5AUSC-1010.0

Comment

Dirk
                    Sorry should have been clearer. I just want to select inupts like HDMI1, HDMI2.... The TV is UN55C6300 with current up to date firmware T-VAL5AUSC-1010.0
                    A dump from my log if it helps:
                    12/5/2012 2:59:25 PM SamsungRemote DoRediscover called
                    12/5/2012 2:59:25 PM SamsungRemote DetectUPnPDevices called with Refresh = True
                    12/5/2012 2:59:25 PM SamsungRemote GetIniSection called with Section = UPnP Devices to discover
                    12/5/2012 2:59:25 PM SamsungRemote GetIniSection called with Section = UPnP Devices to discover
                    12/5/2012 2:59:25 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice: Attempting to locate all connected. This may take up to 9 seconds.
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice - Discovery succeeded: 12 UPnPDevice(s) found.
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1 with FriendlyName = DIRECTV Mediashare Renderer
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1 with FriendlyName = DIRECTV2PC Media Server
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1 with FriendlyName = TV-55C6300
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:samsung.com:device:PersonalMessageReceiver:1 with FriendlyName = TV-55C6300
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice is adding a Samsung Electronics device with UDN = c01beddd-fb0a-b126-e4fe-9ccc35e52c08 and Friendly Name = TV-55C6300 and adding it to the array with index = 0
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1 with FriendlyName = DIRECTV2PC Media Server
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1 with FriendlyName = TX-NR708
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-ce-org:device:RemoteUIServerDevice:1 with FriendlyName = TV-55C6300
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1 with FriendlyName = DIRECTV Mediashare Renderer
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HomeSeer:1 with FriendlyName = HomeSeer(HA1)
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1 with FriendlyName = Xtreme N GIGABIT Router
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found Child device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:WANDevice:1 with FriendlyName = Xtreme N GIGABIT Router
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found Child device = urn:schemas-wifialliance-org:device:WFADevice:1 with FriendlyName = WFADevice
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote DetectUPnPDevices added a total of 1 devices
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote DetectUPnPDevices found UPnPDeviceName = TV-55C6300 on line
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote CreateUPnPControllers found 1 devices
                    12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote WriteUPnPDeviceNamesToIniFile wrote new string TV-55C6300;:;Samsung DTV PMR
                    12/5/2012 3:00:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Weather XML"
                    12/5/2012 3:00:00 PM Event Running script in background: weathercom_xml.txt
                    12/5/2012 3:00:00 PM Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: weathercom_xml.txt424:Object required: 'oNode' in line 120 More info: Object required: 'oNode'
                    12/5/2012 3:00:01 PM Event Event Trigger "BirdbathFountainCycle"
                    12/5/2012 3:00:01 PM Device Control Device: Outside Bird Bath (C15) ON
                    12/5/2012 3:01:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Rfxcom sensor sampling"
                    12/5/2012 3:01:00 PM Event Running script in background: PH_RFXCOM2.vben
                    12/5/2012 3:01:00 PM Info PH_RFXCOM2 1.1.0.9a started

12/5/2012 3:02:35 PM Event Event Trigger "CatDoor"
                    12/5/2012 3:02:35 PM SamsungRemote Event EV_TYPE_AUDIO was received. Started = True typeiod = 100
                    12/5/2012 3:02:37 PM SamsungRemote Event EV_TYPE_AUDIO was received. Started = False typeiod = 0

Comment

12/5/2012 2:59:43 PM SamsungRemote FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:samsung.com:device:PersonalMessageReceiver:1 with FriendlyName = TV-55C6300

I see it found the "message service" but don't see the remote control service, could be that it is "hiding" somewhere else on a C6300 series.

I would still recommend you to install the DLNA plugin because not only does it supports exactly the same functions as this plugin, it supports the capability to customize which remote control functions you are interested in. It is all captured in the help file that goes with that plugin. With that PI I have some other functions that helps to find out what the TV can do. Here you can turn debug and superdebug on, I think that would show all services it exposes via its UPNP interface.

Dirk

Comment

I see it found the "message service" but don't see the remote control service, could be that it is "hiding" somewhere else on a C6300 series.

I would still recommend you to install the DLNA plugin because not only does it supports exactly the same functions as this plugin, it supports the capability to customize which remote control functions you are interested in. It is all captured in the help file that goes with that plugin. With that PI I have some other functions that helps to find out what the TV can do. Here you can turn debug and superdebug on, I think that would show all services it exposes via its UPNP interface.

Dirk
                        Thanks I will load the DLNA Pi and see how it goes. I also loaded Coherence DLNA/UPnP spy and seeing what it thinks.

Comment

Retrieve current settings

Is it possible to retrieve settings like volume, hdmi channel etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            Is it possible to retrieve settings like volume, hdmi channel etc?
                            No

Comment

Scripting Error

I tried using your sample script to control our Samsung Smart TV, but I'm getting the following error:

9/15/2013 3:15:40 PM Event Event Trigger "Samsung Off"
                              9/15/2013 3:15:40 PM Event Running script in background: Samsung-PowerOff.txt
                              9/15/2013 3:15:40 PM Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: Samsung-PowerOff.txt1025:Expected end of statement in line 1 More info: Expected end of statement

Here's my script:

Dim pi As Object
                              pi = hs.Plugin("SamsungRemote")
                              If pi Is Nothing Then
                              hs.writelog("Script", "empty")
                              Exit Function
                              End If
                              Dim MusicApi As Object
                              MusicApi = pi.GetMusicAPI("[TV]UN55ES8000 - Remote Service")
                              MusicAPI.SendKeyCode("KEY_POWEROFF")

I can control the TV from the Device List.

Can you help?

Thanks!
                              -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                              HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
                                I tried using your sample script to control our Samsung Smart TV, but I'm getting the following error:

9/15/2013 3:15:40 PM Event Event Trigger "Samsung Off"
                                9/15/2013 3:15:40 PM Event Running script in background: Samsung-PowerOff.txt
                                9/15/2013 3:15:40 PM Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: Samsung-PowerOff.txt1025:Expected end of statement in line 1 More info: Expected end of statement

Here's my script:

Dim pi As Object
                                pi = hs.Plugin("SamsungRemote")
                                If pi Is Nothing Then
                                hs.writelog("Script", "empty")
                                Exit Function
                                End If
                                Dim MusicApi As Object
                                MusicApi = pi.GetMusicAPI("[TV]UN55ES8000 - Remote Service")
                                MusicAPI.SendKeyCode("KEY_POWEROFF")

I can control the TV from the Device List.

Can you help?

Thanks!
                                Todd, I'm not a scripting expert but there are other places on this forum for scripting syntax issues. There is a some difference between vb scripting (file extension .txt) or VB code (file extension .vb). The example code I provide is vb code so you should rename your file to Samsung-PowerOff.vb .

Is this all of your code? I would expect it to start with a Public Sub xxxx and end with an END Sub statement.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X