Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a Wandboard Quad core I am going to try out for curiosity sake. I also have a Dual core Wandboard running as an Ubuntu mirror to a USB HDD. I found strangely if I pushed it to hard by zsync'ing isos it would occasionally hang, however normally pretty stable. The quad board has a sata port as well though not the most practical yet to use as no enclosure for that.

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by PosterBoy View Post
      I just got my VM server set up. Its amazing what you can get on EBay these days for that stuff. Got a Dell R610 with 48 GB of memory and 2x Xeon L5639's (24 low power cores!) for $850. There are many cheaper options as well. Its extremely quiet which was my only concern.

Now on to HS. How much memory and how many cores should I devote to it? I have 20 or so ZWave switches, 30-40 events and Sonos/hs speaker to make announcements. Aside from that not too much. I will be running on Ubuntu 64 bit Server 12.04

Thanks
      Did you ever figure out how much memory and cores?
      Last edited by NeverDie; January 26, 2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Anyone see why this wouldn't compile for R Pi?

Comment

Originally posted by CSharp View Post
          Anyone see why this wouldn't compile for R Pi?
          see this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165711
          basically it is "almost" working (with regular exe plugins) if you compile the latest mono.

Comment

Well that was easy! Worked great on Ubuntu LTS. Thanks, you all!

One change was apt-get install chromium package is now apt-get install chromium-bsu (I didn't see it noted).

System Information
            Current Date/Time: 2/15/2014 11:56:41 AM CST
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.55 (Linux)
            HomeSeer: Is running in Trial Mode
            HomeSeer Localization: English (United States)
            System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 2 Minutes 39 Seconds

Comment

Has anyone been able to make the HS3 native Gmail feature work?
              I've tried on Pi, Desbian on two laptops and Ubuntu on two laptops.
              Last edited by Bill Brower; February 15, 2014, 03:12 PM.

~Bill

Comment

Here actually have not set it up so I just did. Took less than 5 minutes to configure and test.

This set up was using Ubuntu 12.10 and SSL on GMail. While I do have a Wintel setup with HS3 its mostly been off and just playing with Linux HS3 on the Zee and a variety of linux things.

There is a sort of counter intuitive "gotcha". ahh...yutfull programming methodologies....

You have to first uncheck the box for email. Set up your stuff then check the email box. I did and sent myself a test mail. Logging shows no errors when sending email. I then went to my GMail inbox online and saw my email.

See attached.

Just make sure the "Use Gmail" box is unchecked before putting your stuff in the boxes below.

I also did check the box with "Use SSL" while putting in my email stuff.

Then check the "Use Gmail" check box and you are good to go.

Feb-15 1:17:03 PM Event Event Mail test New Event - 1 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
                Feb-15 1:17:03 PM Event Event Trigger "Mail test New Event - 1"
                Feb-15 1:17:08 PM email Email successfully sent to billbrower-FordFusion-RTS@gmail.com
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pete; February 15, 2014, 02:31 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Not working still. No worries, I'll cut over to HS3 when HS4 Beta comes out.

I'm just a little irritated at the HS3 Linux. I can't get email to work and I can not get wav files to play. Without those and without a lot of plugins I am all but abandoning HS3L for now.

I'm not getting the need of having all the POP and SMTP server settings filled out. As soon as you hit Use Gmail all those settings grey out thus making me think they were not relevant.

I have tried a lot of variations of enabling, configuring and running the email portion with no luck. I am afraid that there may be some glitch that if I configure it in a certain way it will never work even if you configure it correctly later.

Thanks Pete, Bill

Feb-15 12:12:42 PM Warning Sending email failed with an irrecoverable error - mail not sent.
                  Feb-15 12:12:42 PM Error Exception creating email for sending (To:billbrower-FordFusion-RTS@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:Check In, Attach = An exception was thrown by the type initializer for {0x2}  
                  Feb-15 12:12:42 PM Event Event Trigger "Test Group Email"
                  Feb-15 12:12:42 PM Event Event Test Group Email triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
                  Feb-15 12:12:21 PM Ping Results 0
                  Feb-15 12:12:21 PM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/test.vb
                  Feb-15 12:12:21 PM Event Event Trigger "Test Group Pinger HS2"
                  Feb-15 12:07:51 PM Error Initializing email system: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Limilabs.Client.ClientBase
                  Feb-15 12:07:51 PM Startup Initializing email, will check server for new email
                  Feb-15 12:07:35 PM Error Initializing email system: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Limilabs.Client.ClientBase
                  Feb-15 12:07:35 PM Startup Initializing email, will check server for new email

~Bill

Comment

What is "Limilabs.Client.ClientBase"?

I googled the web site. Looks to be API stuff for Gmail IMAP. Try testing regular POP and SMTP versus IMAP; just to see if that works.

I do not utilize IMAP for Google Mail. I do utilize it for MSN mail though. For Google mail just utilize SMTP and POP on Homeseer 3.

Yeah its weird once you click on the check box that everything gets greyed out.

Does this "Feb-15 12:12:21 PM Ping Results 0" mean that you can ping the internet and it was OK?

Here a bit flippant / flipping from Linux to Wintel and Wintel to Linux when I access the Linux HS3 stuff.

For whatever reason I do by accident change the properties of the files going from something saved on Wintel to the HS3 working directory.

I just highlight the entire HS3 directory/subdirectories and give it a 0755 number / properties.

In the File Manager, permissions are expressed as numbers. We are only concerned with 3 digits, so if you see 4 digits, then ignore the first one. Thus 0755 is the same as 755.

The numbers represent a combination of each unique permission. Also, the first of the three digits represents the permissions for the Owner. The second digit represents the Group. The third digit represents the World.

Read is equal to 4.
                    Write is equal to 2.
                    Execute is equal to 1.
                    No permissions for a user is equal to 0.

Thus...

Write and Execute without Read is equal to 3.
                    Read and Execute without Write is equal to 5.
                    Read and Write without Execute is equal to 6.
                    Read and Write and Execute is equal to 7.

At this point, all you need to know is that your files should always have permissions of 644 or 755. (For most files, it doesn't matter if you give the executable permission or not. You won't see any difference.)

However, folders must always be 755.

One more rule. Any files inside the cgi-bin folder must have 755 permissions.
                    The base HS3 Ubuntu builds have been either 12.04 or 12.10 server or desktop. The server test builds have no GUI and are default Ubuntu ISO installs.

The Zee is whatever was included with it. I have since updated it a few times in the last month or so with no real issues to HS3 running.

That whole "wave" file playback messed with my first testing of HSTouch on Linux. When the hourly chime would sound; I did get the text to speech stuff then an error with the accompanying wave file. It was always the same MONO error. I have only tested the TTS on HS3 Linux in Mono but not the Wave file playback in MONO. It does work outside of MONO via just an SSH prompt.

BTW

I'm not getting the need of having all the POP and SMTP server settings filled out.
                    When I tested above; only tested SMTP and didn't fill anything out in the POP email sections.

Just looked at the settings and noticed that there is no IMAP stuff in the HS3 settings.

Looking at my GMail configuration on the web to see if the IMAP or SMTP or POP stuff configurations are there.

Yup it is on the GMAIL configuration page. Try shutting off your IMAP Access on the GMAIL configurations page on the web in Gmail and see that works then with Homeseer 3
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pete; February 15, 2014, 03:50 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If you enable Gmail, all of the other settings are ignored. We only need your gmail user/pass to set it up.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have also the same message. How can we have a trial key on Linux ? I don't see the response in the HS3 board !

Comment

Can anyone direct me to where the download for the Linux version is hiding ?

According to Rich
                          "Download the latest HS3 tar file (posted elsewhere in this forum), and untar with the command:

tar xvf filename
                          Neil
                          Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by nsisman View Post
                            Can anyone direct me to where the download for the Linux version is hiding ?

According to Rich

"Download the latest HS3 tar file (posted elsewhere in this forum), and untar with the command:

tar xvf filename

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_125.tar.gz
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks very much !

Will try it tomorrow....
                              Neil
                              Newmarket Ontario

Comment

I have installed HS3 in a virtual machine according to the directions that Rich provided. Everything worked as expected and the UI came up etc. I noticed an error in the startup logging below. How is missing this dll going to affect things. Is this critical?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X