www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Pool Controller and Interface Plug-ins > Pool Controller and Interface Discussion > AquaConnect (3P)

AquaConnect (3P) Discussions related to the AquaConnect pool controller.

Old September 18th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Seer

How to use events with AquaConnect, a question and call for examples

Hi am very happy with my install and having had a lot of success controlling my pool equipment and monitoring temps and my salt level. I have my PS-4 with AQ-CO-SERIAL communicating to my Homeseer box wirelessly via a serial-to-WiFi unit.

I am still doing a lot of fiddling with things and would love to see what you guys are doing to interface with events. I have just installed solar heat but have not set it up with AquaConnect just yet so curious about this as well - letting AquaLogic control this or doing so with events?

My main question is around scheduling the filter and vacuum pumps with events. The control for on and off seem to be a simple toggle called "filter". There are times that I may turn the filter on outside of these on outside of the event schedule, so the "on" even will turn the pump off if it is already on. I have tried the following without success to turn my pool filter on at 10AM:

IF The time is at 10:00:00 AM

AND IF Pool Outside Filter has a value equal to Off

Then Set Device Pool Outside Filter to Filter

Have I messed up a setting somewhere else with the controller, or missing something with the events? Here is what the device is set up as seen in the attached.
Attached Images

Old September 18th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Seer

I should add that I have a simple even to toggle on, and simple event to toggle off, as attached. The on event does not turn the filter on at 10am, the off event turns the filter on at 7pm...
Attached Images

Old September 18th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
IF The time is at 10:00:00 AM

AND IF Pool Outside Filter has a value equal to Off

Then Set Device Pool Outside Filter to Filter
This is how I have mine set up, except that I trigger on and off with a HomeSeer timer rather that at a specific time.

I'm not sure why yours isn't working, but your setting for the filter device are the same as mine.

Try setting the trigger times to 1 second later, i.e., 7:00:01 PM.
Old September 18th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Seer

Thanks, Brady. Does your status-control and values match up to my "filter" as well? I think mine reflects the defaults, but just want to make sure I did not muck anything up there.
Old September 18th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
Thanks, Brady. Does your status-control and values match up to my "filter" as well? I think mine reflects the defaults, but just want to make sure I did not muck anything up there.
Yes
Old November 30th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Seer Plus

Hi Blake. Did you figure out the problem?

I do not see any issues with your configuration.