Audio on HAI Panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio on HAI Panel?

Are their any plans to integrate the HAI Audio controls into the plugin? I have a Russound system controlled by the panel. Being able to control the rooms source, volume, on/off, etc would perfectly round out my system. I know I can create buttons/flags to do preset tasks but having voice control would be beyond awesome!

The addition of audio support would even be worth paying for as an extra.

Rob -

Looks like there are a few of us here chomping at the bit for hifi, hifi2 and russound integration in the plugin. Got any updates for us on any progress?

I know you have a day job, too, and your time to spend on the plugin is limited, but I'll send you some home-roasted coffee that I guarantee will keep you awake all night so you can cater to our every whim.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
      Rob -

Looks like there are a few of us here chomping at the bit for hifi, hifi2 and russound integration in the plugin. Got any updates for us on any progress?

I know you have a day job, too, and your time to spend on the plugin is limited, but I'll send you some home-roasted coffee that I guarantee will keep you awake all night so you can cater to our every whim.

Tom
      This is so worthwhile, I'd be willing to pay extra for an HAI "Pro" plugin version which included Audio capability.

Comment

Here too utilize Russound zoned amps serially connected to the OP2.

Russound audio control today is via Omnitouch (5.7 and 5.7e's) and Russound keypads and HS

Years ago I installed a mini serial server device ~$200) which splits the serial com between the OmniPro 2 and Homeseer 2 Russound plugin.

It works but is kind of slow. Over the last couple of years I have kept the serial server disconnected.

Fastest control though is primarily via Russound Keypads, then Omnitouch screens.

So ideally audio integration with the plugin would a nice add.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
          Rob -

Tom
          Originally posted by avpman View Post
          This is so worthwhile, I'd be willing to pay extra for an HAI "Pro" plugin version which included Audio capability.
          Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here too utilize Russound zoned amps serially connected to the OP2.

Russound audio control today is via Omnitouch (5.7 and 5.7e's) and Russound keypads and HS

Years ago I installed a mini serial server device ~$200) which splits the serial com between the OmniPro 2 and Homeseer 2 Russound plugin.

It works but is kind of slow. Over the last couple of years I have kept the serial server disconnected.

Fastest control though is primarily via Russound Keypads, then Omnitouch screens.

So ideally audio integration with the plugin would a nice add.
          Ha! Thanks guys! Yes, I am going to look into providing support for audio. I need to get an idea of what you all are using - HiFi, HiFi2, Russound, etc. The HAI SDK should treat them all the same.

Let me know what model numbers you are using. I need to see about getting my own to play around with.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

That's great news, Rob. Getting audio integrated into the PI will keep me from having to switch between it and snaplink or Haiku to control sources and zones. I mostly use itunes as my music source, and I have Spud's itunes DAAP plugin in HS3 to control that.

I have the HiFi2 8 source 8 zone model 95A00-1 along with an additional 8 zones provided by the expansion board 95A18-1 for a total of 8 sources and 16 zones.

I'll be more than happy to help with testing as you proceed.

Tom

Comment

It is basic and similiar to lighting units all being the same or similiar.

Control is source, volume, balance, zone and over the years has gone from serial to IP.

Here utilize Russound CAA66's and over the years went to using Russound outdoor/weatherproof speakers for deck and garage. Direct Midwestern weather (sun, rain and snow) has not been detrimental to the speakers.

Will be glad to help testing.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The hifi2 keypads, one for each zone, have a hidden menu that is accessed by pushing both volume buttons at the same time. This menu does not appear in snaplink, haiku or even the hifi2 app. I absolutely don't understand why, but it doesn't. The only way I can get to this menu is at the keypads themselves. I don't even see these in PCAccess dealer.

If you can find documentation on these menu items, it would be AWESOME to have them in the plugin, at least balance, bass, treble and loudness. Brighness, initial volume, and page volume not so much....set them once and forget them. The user manual has this to say about the menu:
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks this helps. I'll comb through the SDK for corresponding info.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi-Fi by HAI 1.0 for me.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      Thanks this helps. I'll comb through the SDK for corresponding info.

I have a Russound CAV6.6 (serial connection to the Omni Pro) I don't think it matters to the HAI Pro panel though because in the PC Access setup under Serial Port "Function" you set it to whichever audio system you're using. So basic commands sent to the panel are converted to those of the specified audio system.

Comment

So Rob, you're going to Dev all weekend and we should have something to test on Monday right? Hahaha, have a great weekend.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                          So Rob, you're going to Dev all weekend and we should have something to test on Monday right? Hahaha, have a great weekend.

-Travis
                          Ha! Thanks Travis!
                          I think what I will do is provide a test screen in the plugin web page for basic functionality. If successful, that will be the building block for creating HS devices for event control.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            Ha! Thanks Travis!
                            I think what I will do is provide a test screen in the plugin web page for basic functionality. If successful, that will be the building block for creating HS devices for event control.

Which Monday would that be? LOL
                            Seriously though, thanks Rob for all your hard work!

Comment

NOT rushing or pestering. But just wondering if this is indeed still on the roadmap? Willing to be a beta tester if you need one.

Comment

Working...
                              X