Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can A Script Be Written To "Quit" and "Reload" HSTouch On My Android From A Button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can A Script Be Written To "Quit" and "Reload" HSTouch On My Android From A Button?

My LG V20 loses contact, just sitting idle, with my server even though they are in the same room. I can get full communication back if I quit HSTouch and reload. HS support suggested that this reboot could be done with a script tied to a button. Also could an indicator be created that shows if HSTouch is connected to the server or not?

In looking through this forum I see that others have/have had this connection issue.

Thanks
    Steve

Hi - I just found a way to quit through an "Action" "Exit App." It lets me off at my main screen where I have the HSTouch icon so I can reboot the program.

What would be nice would be an "indicator" that the client is connected to the server. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by murrysdad View Post
      Hi - I just found a way to quit through an "Action" "Exit App." It lets me off at my main screen where I have the HSTouch icon so I can reboot the program.

What would be nice would be an "indicator" that the client is connected to the server. Any thoughts?
      Thanks
      Steve
      I know it's been a while since this thread was used, but clients dropping for no reason and connecting after a close/open is driving me nuts. Does anyone know why a working connection will drop and a log entry on the server saying 'Client dropped connection 192.168.x.xxx/41735' and 'HSTouch Server ERROR Android:Bedroom command refused. Client is not logged in.'

It's not WiFi - I just replaced my WiFi with a new Router and it's rock solid. Other Android tablets don't have the problem. Any Ideas? Anyone know how to reboot an Android client from HS3 without rooting?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
        I know it's been a while since this thread was used, but clients dropping for no reason and connecting after a close/open is driving me nuts. Does anyone know why a working connection will drop and a log entry on the server saying 'Client dropped connection 192.168.x.xxx/41735' and 'HSTouch Server ERROR Android:Bedroom command refused. Client is not logged in.'

It's not WiFi - I just replaced my WiFi with a new Router and it's rock solid. Other Android tablets don't have the problem. Any Ideas? Anyone know how to reboot an Android client from HS3 without rooting?

Scott
        I know for sure that if the device is Android there is no need to keep it alive/open when you are not looking at it.===> Automate things using Tasker ====> When motion is detected. Or door is opened and so much more ====> My way of thinking, that's what automation means if you are not pressing buttons.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          I know for sure that if the device is Android there is no need to keep it alive/open when you are not looking at it.===> Automate things using Tasker ====> When motion is detected. Or door is opened and so much more ====> My way of thinking, that's what automation means if you are not pressing buttons.

Eman.
          Hi Eman
          Yes, I get that. The tablet is primarily used as a real-time display device - Lights, Gates, movement, weather, train delays etc. and manual override for lights when required. Problem is that very often the device drops connection and can't reconnect - I have set it up to not sleep or disconnect but for the screen to turn off after a fair while. When I then touch the physical button on the tablet to waken or if I change screens, I get the not connected problem.

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,
            I had similar issue with my android tablet.
            I solved setting on router a fixed IP for wifi tablet connection.
            I don't know, but seems that DHCP when reassign IP to android client after disconnection generate the problem.
            So, for me, setting a fixed IP on router for tablet solved the problem.
            Try it!

Cris

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
              Hi Scott,
              I had similar issue with my android tablet.
              I solved setting on router a fixed IP for wifi tablet connection.
              I don't know, but seems that DHCP when reassign IP to android client after disconnection generate the problem.
              So, for me, setting a fixed IP on router for tablet solved the problem.
              Try it!

Cris
              Cheers Cris - I'll try that on Saturday

Comment

One more thing though, Android 7 and above was changed a lot to stop app from draining the battery.

Eman.
                Last edited by Eman; May 10, 2018, 04:47 PM.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Cris - I managed to change to a static IP last night and it's been stable since. Hopefully, you have cracked it!

Cheers
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X