Omni Plugin Fails to Read All HAI Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni Plugin Fails to Read All HAI Devices

The Omni plugin works but does not read all of my devices - is missing several. The log file is empty. Please help?

The plugin will only pull 'named' devices from the panel config. In PC Access, make sure all your devices are named. Note that Descriptions are stored in PC Access and not in the panel.

For the log file, click on the Configuration tab and make sure logging is set to DEBUG.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks, Rob.

I turned on debug and got logs.

I discovered that the missing devices were on an expansion panel and so I enabled expansion panel 1.

I restarted HS3 but the plugin did not read the devices on the expansion panel.

Can the logs tell you why or is there something else I am missing?

I sent logs via the event method you outlined in the sticky.

My reply email is jeff@hotz.net. Thanks!

Comment

and a little further investigation shows that it is reading Exp zone 1 b/c that's where my sprinkler relays are and they show up as outputs on omni config screen output tab. It reads zones 1-32 from the main panel and the relays located in the exp panel but its missing zones 49 - 55 in the exp panel. Any idea why?

Comment

Also, can confirm zones are named.

Comment

This is good info, Jeff. I am looking at the code now and I see that expansion enclosures are only picking up outputs and not zones.

I'm going to make a change to pick up zones from the EE and see if that works. I dont have an EE to test with, but it looks like it should work.

It might be next week before I can get it ready for release.

Comment

Very cool - thanks so much!

Comment

I did get Alexa working to control my devices - something I've been after since I built in 98. Thanks so much for making it happen!

Now I'm finding the need to add some buttons to omni and this begs the question -

how do I get HS3 to rescan all omni devices? Is this done at startup? appears so from the log but wanted to confirm.

thx.

Comment

Correct. From the plugins menu, just disable then reenable.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a heads up. I was chasing down another issue and found it was wired into the EE. One of those zones not reporting from the EE is an Aux (temp sensor). Not sure if it made a diff or not so wanted to let you know. The other missing zones are security zones.

I'm also happy to help test if that helps you.

Comment

Hi, Rob. I just installed the latest version but do not see the missing zones from my expansion board. Can you please tell me what I might to help with this?

Comment

Originally posted by jchotz View Post
                        Hi, Rob. I just installed the latest version but do not see the missing zones from my expansion board. Can you please tell me what I might to help with this?
                        Do you have the panel expansion boards checked on the Panel tab?

When that is checked, it picks up the next range of zones.

Let me know...

Comment

Yes, can confirm exp zone #1 is checked. It reads devices and relays/outputs in the EE, just not any zones. What can I do to help you diagnose?

Comment

I am experiencing a similar issue with my expansion enclosure. My configuration in PC Access is as follow: Omnipro Zones / Wireless Zones (Expansion 1 & 2) / Expansion Enclosure (Expansion 3).

Outputs appear to be picked fine (not using them yet though so I do not know for sure) but I have a few fire zones in the expansion enclosure that do not come thru. I have expansion #1 / #2 and #3 checked in the Panel config tab.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Comment

Hi, Rob.

Can you please take a minute to let me know where things stand on our missing EE zones and what we might do to help you?

Comment

Working...
                              X