HS "Last Change" column not updating properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS "Last Change" column not updating properly

mcs Temperature does not seem to be properly updating (or causing the update) of the "Last Change" timestamp in HS. I visually see my temperature devices change but the timestamp in the Last Change column doesn't.

Currently I have temp sensors that haven't changed according to HS in 1.5 hours even though the database confirms they have changed several times in that period.

Among other things am guessing the last change column is the only way to know I may have a bad sensor when I check the option to "Use Previous on Bad Reading".

The plugin writes to the device string, device value, and in some situations to the device status. It do not believe it updates the Device Last Change. It is my understanding that Homeseer is support to update this property whenever the status or value changes. Note that the value in an integer value so it will not change when only a fractional component changes. Am I wrong on how Homeseer manages the last change property?

Comment

I have never seen Homeseer update this value on its own, at least not from scripts. You need to manually make a call to the function to update it, like

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
      hs.setdevicelastchange "I2", now
      </pre>

Most plugins probably (should) have this in their code.
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Working...
      X