IR database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR database

I'm loving the hardware, and with the plugin, it's very easy to use.
    However, recording all functions from my remotes is not only much work, but it's (with the lack of a better word) BORING!

So I was thinking:
    Is there a database over IR-commands?
    Just download a text string, and plug it into the plugin?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

An IR code database with GC codes would be fantastic. If each user would simply download their text files for each individual device to this forum that would also be great. I'm painfully going through the process now for my Verizon cable box, Sony TV, Apple TV, etc... Remote Central hasn't been very useful for GC codes.

Comment

Hmmm... perhaps we could start our own?
      Perhaps Ultrajones could create a sub forum, and we could just post our codes in separate post with the Device name and model in the title.

The idea is that you have already done 99% of the work. Pasting the codes into a new post here takes approx. 10 seconds and you'll save some poor guy 30 minutes of boredom.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I'm in... if someone sets up an area for the codes, I would be more than happy to donate my 5 devices, which are all pretty complete for all functions.

Comment

I'd be interested in Media Center 7 Codes!!! mine don't seem to be working correctly.

Thanks

Comment

Regarding mce remote: this was my solution:http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/p/19212/94521.aspx

Comment

And?

Did this ever get off the ground? I am on day 1 of this learning codes ordeal and it is pretty time intensive. Doing bare minimum to test it out, but even that is taking forever...

Anyone have the Comcast DVR commands?

Rob

Comment

Surely, (or Shirley) there are IR code files SOMEWHERE. ????

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                  Surely, (or Shirley) there are IR code files SOMEWHERE. ????
                  You'd think so, but according to my googling, people hold on to their codes pretty good...

Comment

I have started posting my Global Cache IR codes here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=1#post1012512

If you go to the file section of www.remotecentral.com you can find a lot of codes. They are in Hex format and have to be converted to Global Cache format. There is a free tool on the Global Cache site called iConvert that will convert codes from Hex to GC.

There are two ways to get Hex codes from Remote Central:
                    1. Go to the Device Command Library Section in the Files section of the website and see if the Hex codes you need are listed there. Then use iConvert to convert them to GC format. There is not a huge selection here and I have found these codes to be less reliable.

2. Download and install the Pronto NG Editor, it is free and it is used to make screens for universal remote controls. Then in this section of the site: http://files.remotecentral.com/phili...2-1/index.html
                    are thousands of user contributed files that can be opened by the Pronto NG editor and contain commands and hex codes for different devices. These hex codes can be converted to GC format using the iConvert program. I have found the list of devices here to be pretty extensive and the code to be pretty reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by ccat View Post
                      2. Download and install the Pronto NG Editor, it is free and it is used to make screens for universal remote controls. Then in this section of the site: http://files.remotecentral.com/phili...2-1/index.html
                      are thousands of user contributed files that can be opened by the Pronto NG editor and contain commands and hex codes for different devices. These hex codes can be converted to GC format using the iConvert program. I have found the list of devices here to be pretty extensive and the code to be pretty reliable.
                      That's a great tip! I'll try that.

Comment

Originally posted by ccat View Post
                        2. Download and install the Pronto NG Editor.
                        GREAT IDEA! This will save HOURS. THANK YOU!

Rob

Comment

I gave up and never bought the plug-in. Until it was on sale recently. All the codes are in there now! In 10 minutes I had the TV, Cable box, and BlueRay working via event. FINALLY! Two GC IR's sat in a box for 6 years.....

Comment

Global cache hosts a huge selection of IR Codes..... check their "GC Control Tower" website.

https://irdb.globalcache.com/

You do have to create a free account, but then you just specify your equipment, and it e-mails you the IR codes for import into your GC device with minimal tweaking.
                            Last edited by Mr_Resistor; October 31, 2018, 08:47 PM.
                            My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
                            X