Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Google Home to tell you room temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, unfortunately it adds the 'ask bla to do x' clutter.

On the other hand, it allows you to do much much more than what is possible with the very limited implementation that is currently available in HomeSeer. You could also create what you want in the plugin, and add an alias in Google Home to map 'give me the temperature for room x' to 'ask bla to give me the temperature for room x'. You will loose the natural language processing then though ...

Comment

As I understand, Google Home supports it? But the integration between Homeseer and Google Home doesn't?

If the plugin kriz83 has made fixes this I'm all for it

Comment

Give it a spin. I have lots of time to spare in the next 2 weeks, so any feedback is much appreciated !

Comment

As a simpler alternative to kriz83's solution, I believe I have figured out how to restore "Hey Google, Ask HomeSeer to..." functionality. Check out:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...stom-responses

As of the time of this post, the post linked to above was appearing at the very bottom of the HomeSeer/Google Home forum even though it is one of the most recent posts. Not sure why it's placed out of order. Perhaps someone doesn't want you to see it?
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
          X