This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    if you lost your devices, you need to restore a working config\insteon.ini and data\homeseer.hsd from the same backup. this will correctly restore all your devices.

the plugin works with the 2412u but you have to tell the plugin what com port its on. The plugin does not auto detect the interface.

you were previously asking me how to configure the Rasp Pi to get a virtual com port to work (in order to use the 2412u). i can't help there. I'm not familiar with that hardware or the OS its running.

open the HS Updater and scroll down to the Beta section to find my beta insteon plugin.

sorry to hear about your folks.
    Hi Mark thanks for this.

- Ok I got the beta installed (v3.0.6.32). I'll let it run for a few weeks with the Insteon Hub and try some high traffic stuff such as Tap adds and Map device interconnections and let you know if it still fails.

- I'll Try the HS3/Rpi part of the forum to set up the 2412U, get the browser based HS3 config save and restore working again.

- Would the 2412U setting be entered into the same browser field in the plug-in that the hub is entered into?

- Would the insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd be included in the HS3 browser based backup? Or do I need to get help as to how to manipulate these files from the CLI (I worked with HPUX back in the '80's and I'm seriously rusty?

- Would the plugin have made it's own backups of the devices in the .ini and .hsd for me or does this happen when I do a save config on the manage screen? Reason I ask is I'm not sure I recall initiating any kind of save (other then the Save Config) after I finished loading all the devices.

Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post
      Hi Mark thanks for this.

- Ok I got the beta installed (v3.0.6.32). I'll let it run for a few weeks with the Insteon Hub and try some high traffic stuff such as Tap adds and Map device interconnections and let you know if it still fails.

- I'll Try the HS3/Rpi part of the forum to set up the 2412U, get the browser based HS3 config save and restore working again.

- Would the 2412U setting be entered into the same browser field in the plug-in that the hub is entered into?

- Would the insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd be included in the HS3 browser based backup? Or do I need to get help as to how to manipulate these files from the CLI (I worked with HPUX back in the '80's and I'm seriously rusty?

- Would the plugin have made it's own backups of the devices in the .ini and .hsd for me or does this happen when I do a save config on the manage screen? Reason I ask is I'm not sure I recall initiating any kind of save (other then the Save Config) after I finished loading all the devices.

Please advise. Thanks.
      yes, enter the 2412U port into the same port field. the plugin will reconfig on its own.

yes, i believe the config folder which contains the insteon.ini and should be in a hs3 backup. its a zip file. i can't tell you how to manipulate this file on your platform.

the latest beta versions (3.0.6.17 or later) generate insteon.ini backup files whereas version 3.0.6.0 does not
      Last edited by mnsandler; April 16, 2018, 07:25 AM. Reason: modified last line
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

>>the plugin beta versions contain insteon.ini backups but not 3.0.6.0

Sorry Mark I don't understand this sentence. Please elaborate. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post
          >>the plugin beta versions contain insteon.ini backups but not 3.0.6.0

Sorry Mark I don't understand this sentence. Please elaborate. Thx
          i revised by previous post to make it clearer.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            i revised by previous post to make it clearer.
            ok Thanks for clarifying. Looks like I need to re-enter all my (45+) devices in again.
            FYI I did some Tap adds last night and the Hub stayed connected.

Now I'll find the part of this forum for the browser based backup and find out how to get the backup working again.

Comment

Working...
            X