X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    All,
    i just posted 3.0.6.37 in the beta section of the Updater. I added a light sensitivity setting which i think aligns with the insteon app setting. Please test and report back here.

PS. looks like the led brightness setting isn't supported in fw 46, and the LED on/off only works when using USB power.
    Hi Mark,

Not sure if this is related to the addition of the sensitivity level, I suspect one of those weird kinks but here goes.

After updating to .37, I was erroneously expecting a new link to show up (I now know it's a setting). So I did a "Reprogram device for HomeSeer': I ended up with duplicate links. So I then deleted all links and did another "Reprogram device for HomeSeer': no links would display, I tried this a few times. I turned on detailed logging and did another "Reprogram device for HomeSeer': finally the links appeared.

The 'battery level' channel and the new 'light level' channel have no associated link but they do appear as HS3 devices.

Thanks for adding the 'sensitivity level'. Now the challenge is to determine which level produces the right result.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
      Hi Mark,

Not sure if this is related to the addition of the sensitivity level, I suspect one of those weird kinks but here goes.

After updating to .37, I was erroneously expecting a new link to show up (I now know it's a setting). So I did a "Reprogram device for HomeSeer': I ended up with duplicate links. So I then deleted all links and did another "Reprogram device for HomeSeer': no links would display, I tried this a few times. I turned on detailed logging and did another "Reprogram device for HomeSeer': finally the links appeared.

The 'battery level' channel and the new 'light level' channel have no associated link but they do appear as HS3 devices.

Thanks for adding the 'sensitivity level'. Now the challenge is to determine which level produces the right result.
      the battery level and light level are pseudo devices. not related to a link.

not sure about the the dup links.

thanks for testing; hope you figure this setting out; since its a % i don't see how this relates to the actual light readings.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

With the MS-1, the plugin 'Sensitivity' program setting, from what I gather, was the crossing point (0-255) at which the MS-1 would report Dawn/Dusk if the light level was travelling downward or upward from that value.

Currently with the MS-2, it seems that Dusk is called when the light level is going down and crosses 62 while Dawn is called when light level is going up and crosses 80. I suspect the MS-2 'Light Sensitivity' program setting spreads apart those settings by a percentage. How exactly that percentage is used? Only testing will say.

I assume the dev notes on this have no details?

Comment

claude,

the dev notes are extremely vague on this setting. i checked the insteon app and the setting is between 1 and 100% but i don't know how that translate to an actual byte value. I made an assumption it was similar to the MS 1 which has values of 0 to 255 which i just translated into percentages for the MS II.

i have an email into my SH contact on the subject.
          Last edited by mnsandler; June 6, 2018, 09:43 AM.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

claude,

the dev notes are extremely vague on this setting. i checked the insteon app and the setting is between 1 and 100% but i don't know how that translate to an actual byte value. I made an assumption it was similar to the MS 1 which has values of 0 to 255 which i just translated into percentages for the MS II.

i have an email into my SH contact on the subject.
            claude,
            forget the sensitivity setting; its not implemented in this MS II. why did SH put it in the insteon app? who knows.

i'm checking on settings that will affect the dawn/dusk device
            Last edited by mnsandler; June 6, 2018, 01:15 PM.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

there does appear to be a working Dark Threshold and Light Threshold that are user settable. I'll see if i can add these as Settings in the next beta.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am getting all kinds of false positives with the occupancy sensor. I have it mounted outside (replacing the MS I that failed) and there has been nothing to trigger it other than maybe light changing. Or maybe the wind blowing and causing the unit to bounce around on that floppy *** mount. Is there any way to adjust the occupancy sensor sensitivity?

Comment

Originally posted by tallguydirk View Post
                  I am getting all kinds of false positives with the occupancy sensor. I have it mounted outside (replacing the MS I that failed) and there has been nothing to trigger it other than maybe light changing. Or maybe the wind blowing and causing the unit to bounce around on that floppy *** mount. Is there any way to adjust the occupancy sensor sensitivity?
                  there are no sensitivity settings. i have one on my front porch and i had to mount it sideways pointing down because it was picking up cars driving by when i had it mounted vertically/upright. i don't use the included mount. i just mounted it with velcro/double sided tape to the porch ceiling.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just posted 3.0.6.38 to the beta section of the updater. I removed the non-functioning sensitivity setting and add three: Dark threshold, Light Threshold, and a Transition Interval delay
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just posted 3.0.6.38 to the beta section of the updater. I removed the non-functioning sensitivity setting and add three: Dark threshold, Light Threshold, and a Transition Interval delay
                      Just installed .38.

I have been seeing strange behaviour from the MS II's for the dusk/dawn channel. One of the 2 I have seems to only report at dawn:
                      Jun-08 19:42:01 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 100 - Light level: 34
                      Jun-08 18:40:45 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 0 - Light level: 84
                      Jun-06 19:07:31 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 100 - Light level: 14
                      Jun-06 18:38:14 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 0 - Light level: 87
                      Jun-05 19:00:27 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 100 - Light level: 38
                      Jun-05 18:48:09 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 0 - Light level: 101
                      Jun-04 19:43:24 CVlog MS2 dusk/dawn changed to 100 - Light level: 11

This one is in the kitchen, so eventually we turn the lights on when it's dark. I would expect the MS to send an entry when it senses darkness, at sunset and when we turn off the lights, and other entries when we turn on the lights. Not so according the the log. The new settings (Night/day threshold, Transition Interval) might help make this more precise. I'll keep monitoring before defining new events.

Mark - is it a correct assumption that Night/day threshold = 0 leaves the dusk/dawn at default? And by the way, what are the default thresholds for dusk/dawn?
                      Attached Files

Comment

i try to indicate the default value in the drop down list with an *

in this case
                        night is 64
                        day is 80

0 is not a default; it just means the current value hasn't been read from the MS.

if the MS is on a battery, hit the set button and try to read the links and settings

if on usb power, just read the links and settings
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i try to indicate the default value in the drop down list with an *

in this case
                          night is 64
                          day is 80

0 is not a default; it just means the current value hasn't been read from the MS.

if the MS is on a battery, hit the set button and try to read the links and settings

if on usb power, just read the links and settings
                          Right on! Got it.

No big deal, but just noticed that the Transition Interval appears not to be read in when reading links & settings. Mine stayed at 0:01 while the default is 7:00.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                            Right on! Got it.

No big deal, but just noticed that the Transition Interval appears not to be read in when reading links & settings. Mine stayed at 0:01 while the default is 7:00.
                            put the ms into linking mode and set a new value (say 1 min) and then read it back.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

found a bug related to the display value of the Transition Interval.

I'll fix in next beta along with anything additional reported here
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

claude,
                                the latest beta fixes the value display issue with the MS II
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X