No announcement yet.

Touchscreen LCD control of http interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read about (but haven't actually tried) something called media jukebox.

From their website:
    http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/features.html

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Music01 Server [PLUS FEATURE] - This feature is designed for convenient home networking of media files. You can easily connect to your MEDIA JUKEBOX media library from anywhere via the Internet, and use MEDIA JUKEBOX as if you were sitting right in front of your host computer.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bholio

Comment

Someone posted this a while back. I tried it and like it. This might be your answer.

http:www.streamsicle.com

Comment

I have tried all but Patrick Martin's control suite, and I think that SnowCrash takes the cake. It seems to be the best option available. Also, I don't think Streamsicle is the way to go for the pen tablets, as Streamsicle isn't controlling the music on the server PC, rather distributing it to the client pcs and playing it there. The pen tablet only has one built-in speaker, and unless you're considering connecting the audio out to your amp, I'd think that this isn't the route you're looking to take. Now that I think of it, I'm not even sure that the pen tablet has the power to decode the music off the Streamsicle page reliably, but I may be wrong. I should be getting my pen tablets either Tuesday or Wednesday, and I'll be sure to let you guys know what works best.

Comment

I've been working on a MP3 server/player/touchscreen/HomeSeer interface system for the CF-01 or any other PC/windows type device. It uses DCOM to interact with the HomeSeer and MP3 machines (need not be the same machine). I've written the MP3 server around the windows media player. So far it seems to work very well. I will be looking for a couple of beta (alpha maybe?) testers. Email me at lbeck@rolfes.com if interested in being a tester. Probably still a few days out.

Lance Beck

Comment

I spent the morning going through WinAMP.com and have come up with a few options:

Snowcrash: Fine and "OK", but I would write my own front-end.

RPCWinAmp (WinAMP Remote): Looks promising, but I have yet to get it to work in my ICS environment.

ShareAMP: Works, but I'm still looking for more features on the "Client" side to make it user friendly

WnWinAMP: Looks promosing. Is on the list of "things to play with today"

Remote Control from http://mp3organiser.com/mp3organiser/ : This one may have the most promise. Probably going to poke on it today too.

Scott

Comment

Sucker just showed up about an hour ago. I've already have it on the network (not wireless... YET) and the wife has already claimed it as her "ultimate Solitaire station". Could be worse I guess.

I'm kinda impressed with the little unit. I see nothing but opportunities.

Comment

.... I am compelled to let you know that I received mine yesterday morning. In a couple of words... it rocks! My wife, who usually rolls her eyes at me about this stuff, likes it too. Do not have it on 802.11b yet, but wired LAN is working like a champ. I can definitely see another three or four of these around the house. Thanks to all for the suggestions!

=
                =
                = Michael Oliver
                =
                =

Comment

I'm jealous! How did all of you get yours before me?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hello all. I just wanted to say thanks for all your orders. I am happy to sell these little fujitsus to such a great crowd of peeps, thanks for making it a pleasant experience. If you have any questions about computers or anything else do not hesitate to email me. I am working on a source for options for these computers (extra batteries, cradles, docking stations, floppies, etc. etc.).

Comment

Greetings, finally am able to get Accessories/Add-ons such as docking ports, styli, cradles, but only new:

Click here to see availability

Comment

I wish someone would find a decent source for 32MB EDO RAM for these things.

&lt;sigh&gt;

Comment

I put it in the other thread, but don't overlook my comments about running something like "Refrigerator" on these 510's. It makes a substantial difference.

Scott

Comment

Scott,

Sounds interesting, but which other thread?

--Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X