This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W800RF32 Problem or HS2(1961) Problem?

HS2(1961) had been running for 5 days and the TTS was even still working.

However I noticed that some of my MS13a were not being received. I am using the paid version 1.0.0.7 of the W800 plugin.

I shut down and restarted HS2 and all sensors are now received immediately. I did not reboot my HS PC. I did not power-cycle the W800 interface. Just shutdown and restart HS2.

Is this a know or reported problem with HS2 or the W800 plugin?

Personally, I am less of a "tweaker" than some and don't really like updating HS every week and the plugs 3 times a day.

Would I do well to just take the time to fresh-install 1.744 with all the trimmings and sit tight? I see in the profiles / websites that many of the HS "pros" with big installations are still on 1.744.

I use:
    (4) Zwave dimming switches
    (6) MS13a
    (1) DS10a
    (2) X10 dimming switches
    W800RF32
    Doomotion
    DooNetwork
    Weather XML
    HSTV
    NewDVDReleases

Thanks for any advice,
    Bill

If you were receiving from some sensors and not others it is very unlikely to be HS or the plugin, unless you are indicating that some EVENTS were not firing. In this case I would suspect HS. You are not running the latest build and there are a number of event fixes in the latest.

Jon

Originally posted by cd-card-biz
    HS2(1961) had been running for 5 days and the TTS was even still working.

However I noticed that some of my MS13a were not being received. I am using the paid version 1.0.0.7 of the W800 plugin.

I shut down and restarted HS2 and all sensors are now received immediately. I did not reboot my HS PC. I did not power-cycle the W800 interface. Just shutdown and restart HS2.

Is this a know or reported problem with HS2 or the W800 plugin?

Personally, I am less of a "tweaker" than some and don't really like updating HS every week and the plugs 3 times a day.

Would I do well to just take the time to fresh-install 1.744 with all the trimmings and sit tight? I see in the profiles / websites that many of the HS "pros" with big installations are still on 1.744.

I use:
    (4) Zwave dimming switches
    (6) MS13a
    (1) DS10a
    (2) X10 dimming switches
    W800RF32
    Doomotion
    DooNetwork
    Weather XML
    HSTV
    NewDVDReleases

Thanks for any advice,
    Bill
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Thanks Jon,

Normally when a motion sensor triggers, I get an indication in the HS log ("A4 ON", etc.).

I ceased to get any HS log activity from the sensors. That's why I thought they were not being received. Subsequently, no events based upon these sensor's condition were triggering.

ACRF plugin logging is set to "normal".
      Bill

Comment

I would certainly update HS. When you restart HS lots of things happen, the Com port is reset, the W800 is reset, the universe as we know it is reset :>

Jon

Thanks Jon,

Normally when a motion sensor triggers, I get an indication in the HS log ("A4 ON", etc.).

I ceased to get any HS log activity from the sensors. That's why I thought they were not being received. Subsequently, no events based upon these sensor's condition were triggering.

ACRF plugin logging is set to "normal".
        Bill
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Thanks Jon.

If you think that going to HS 1972 is a good idea, then I will try it - although many of the forum posts on it are not that rosey.

Bill

Comment

Most of what I have read is that 1972 did not fix all the problems. I'm not sure that I saw any that indicated new problems - but I could have missed them. 1972 fixed all of mine except for the .NET scripting which is not fixed, HS is still working on that.

Jon

Thanks Jon.

If you think that going to HS 1972 is a good idea, then I will try it - although many of the forum posts on it are not that rosey.

Bill
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
            X