Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logging issue device number != receiver number.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging issue device number != receiver number.

I've been having problems with one of my RFXCom's not responding sometimes (it's on a cat5 usb extender). For the last few weeks I've been trying to diagnose what the problem is. Swapping CAT5 Extenders, using active usb repeaters, swapping USB Power boards on the RFXCom's (so I only need a new USB module not everything) etc.

My results have never made sense, there didn't seem to be any consistency in what was happening, the problems seems to show up in both modules sometimes.

I have setup the interfaces with (see attachment)
    Device #1 Com3: RXFCom
    Device #2 Com4: RXFcom

Device 1 (eg COM3) is not plugged in at the moment (to help in diag), as the below startup log shows:

3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~AC RF Processor Plugin Version Release 1.1.11 Has Registered. Plugin Copyright (c) 2005 - AutomationCraft, LLC.
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Using INI file for options storage - File: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Config\ACRFProcessor.INI
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Proc: Entering InitIO
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Host System: HomeSeer 1.7.44
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Proc: Entering ResetRFRComm
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Attempting to add one RFXCom48V receiver on Com 3 to RFComm support interface.
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~RF Device could not be located on Com 3
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Attempting to add one RFXCom48V receiver on Com 4 to RFComm support interface.
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~RF Device Found on Com 4 - Ready to start I/O
    3/08/2006 10:03:43 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Thread started - Ready to process RF commands

The com4 device is running and still gets signals as we can see in the below log:
    3/08/2006 10:36:17 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~[Rcvr# 1 Type RFXComMode48V Rcvr:Master] Received RAW Bytes: # Of Bits: 41 Data:E5 EA 84 7B 4A 80 At 1952.33 Span: 0, X10 Translation: 21 DE A7 57 52 01
    3/08/2006 10:36:17 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Processing Command from RF: Security(Supervised Door/Win/Glass Sensor #22439) Normal
    3/08/2006 10:36:17 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Processing security system events and triggers.
    3/08/2006 10:36:17 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Security unit ` 5 (Sec#:22439) values updated.

So, what's the problem I hear you ask. It's logging the receiver number as 1, not 2.

If the first device is missing, the plugin is calling the next device as device 1.
    So when I'm running 3 devices if device 2 isn't there, then device 3 becomes device 2.

This explains why most of my test hasn't made any sense at all as I think I'm looking and signals still being received from device 1, when infact it's really device 2 as device one has "Gone" and device 2 is now device one.

I have lots of wireless devices and need very details logging enabled to try and diagnose this so the startup config would have gone.

Will the receiver number ever change while the plugin is running? Eg If I have 2 receivers, both USB and pull out the first receiver (so the com port is now gone) will the plugin see device 1 is now gone, and call receiver 2 receiver 1?

While I'm at logging can we also log the device location and name in this line:
    3/08/2006 10:36:17 AM~!~AC RF Processor~!~Security unit ` 5 (Sec#:22439) values updated.

Especially since the Homeseer Web interface doesn't show the device codes for the plugin devices, the only way for me to know what device `5 is, is to go to the security devices tab in the plugin config (this may just be a hs 1.7 issue though, does HS2 show the device code next to C/RF Supervised Door/Win/Glass Sensor devices?)

So, in short:
    a) Can we make the receiver numbers always match device numbers
    b) Include device location and name in the "values updated." log line.

Now I understand the device number changes, my testing will makes sense, but I have to start all over again.

Thanks..

Ross.
    Attached Files

Jon,

I know you're probably flat out fighting with insteon, but any comments, questions, queries about the above?

Thanks,

Ross.

Comment

The device number output in the log is the device instance that received the command. That is based on the devices installed and working. A device is removed from the instance table if it can't be initialized. There is no point in the plug-in trying to deal with dead devices.

A device can't be removed from the instance table if it has been initialized, so they can't change at a later time.

Device codes are displayed for all devices, plug-in or not so you should be able to see the device ID for all the devices on the HS web status screen. I'm trying to cut down on the verbosity of each log line and just keep the pieces needed.

Jon

Originally posted by rirvine
      Jon,

I know you're probably flat out fighting with insteon, but any comments, questions, queries about the above?

Thanks,

Ross.
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
      X