Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'last forecast received' device not updating

Michael,

I'm using version 2.8.81. I am receiving forecast updates via the internet as the 'last change' date/time changes periodically. However, the device named 'last forecast received' always show a static 'status' value and 'last change' value (it show the date/time of the last forecast received before I upgraded to 2.8.81). The 'optional alternate weather source' is set to 'use AWS'.

For what it's worth, the status of the 'last weather received' device is updating.

Is the 'last forecast received' device operational in version 2.8.81?

Llast forecast device is based upon the forecast site that will be NWS or Weather..com. The last weather device wil be AWS or WU. The last change date of the devixce will be when the status of the device canges which will be when data stopped or started being received. The status string wil b the date wwhen the last download with data happened.

Comment

I have it configured to NWS. For the 'last forecast received' device, neither the 'last change' or the 'status' ever changes. Data is coming in, though, because the forecast icon/forecast max/forecast min/forecast rain percentage devices each show a changing 'last change' and the numbers in the 'status' are reasonable.

Do I need to manually reset/fix something to get the 'last forecast received' device working again?

Comment

That is as expected. With a steady download the status will remain ON and the last time the status will have changed will be in the lastchange property. If you want to see the ladt time nws data was downloaded look at the devicestring of this device. This device is intended to be availabe for events should you like to be notified when the download stops.

Comment

Ok. I think a picture is worth 1000 words, so the following is what I see. July 5th is when this started. The red circle with a line through it for the status makes it look like something isn't working.
          Attached Files

Comment

I will take a look.

Comment

Were you able to reproduce this behavior?

Comment

Take a look at your Weather Setup page and confirm that the UV sensor source is not set to EPA. You should likely have None or HS as the source. If it is EPA (or perhaps not selected) then it is also considered an internet forecast source and a lack of EPA downloads will result in the status you see.

Comment

The UV sensor source wasn't set to anything. I set it to 'none'. 10 minutes later I get an email from mcsSprinklers saying the forecast updates have resumed. Very cool. It looks like it's working now.

Thanks for your help with this. Would it make sense to make the default option 'none' versus no selection?

Comment

I agree something could be done better with the default. The default is actually EPA, but since you did not select EPA download it was not visible.

Comment

Working...
                    X