X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Plug-in version 1.4

Please see the revision history for changes:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138815

Reply to this thread with any issues you have with this version. Remember to backup your existing setup before upgrading.

Thanks and Enjoy
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

First known issue reported:

For devices 2475S2 (the inline relay with sense; device type 0214) the custom btns F On and F Off don't work.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

What's the best way to get the plugin to operate a 2450 module correctly? Should I delete the device and reinstall it?
      Thanks for the great work
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by deverson1 View Post
        What's the best way to get the plugin to operate a 2450 module correctly? Should I delete the device and reinstall it?
        Thanks for the great work
        Dave
        delete the device from the plugin, do a factory reset (see the smarthome manual), and then readd the device to the plugin
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, thanks for the great update. I have been waiting for this!

Can you explain the "Allows automatic shut off of the HS device related to an I/O Linc when its used in Momentary Mode."? I am not sure I understand what it is for.

I am currently using the 2450 for garage door and getting two more for gate management and another garage door.

Comment

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
            Mark, thanks for the great update. I have been waiting for this!

Can you explain the "Allows automatic shut off of the HS device related to an I/O Linc when its used in Momentary Mode."? I am not sure I understand what it is for.

I am currently using the 2450 for garage door and getting two more for gate management and another garage door.
            in short, if you are using the 2450 for a garage door than this setting should be left unchecked and ignored. wire up the 2450 as smarhome suggests with Momentary mode C and you should be all set.

that said, there may be a situation where you want to use momentary mode A or B and have hs device reflect the state of the 2450 relay. Based on my testing, when you trigger the internal relay, the 2450 sends an On but does not send an Off after the timeout. so your hs device will look it is permanently On. So i added this shutoff option, so the hs device would return to Off after the the same timeout.

hope this helps.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Beautiful, thanks Mark.

I am a little bent that SmartLabs didn't add the ability to poll the device for the status of the sensor (if it is open or closed) in momentary C mode. In this example of the garage door, there is no real way to poll if the garage door is indeed open, right? Sounds like I would need two 2450s... one to open the close the door and one to monitor the status.

Comment

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
                Beautiful, thanks Mark.

I am a little bent that SmartLabs didn't add the ability to poll the device for the status of the sensor (if it is open or closed) in momentary C mode. In this example of the garage door, there is no real way to poll if the garage door is indeed open, right? Sounds like I would need two 2450s... one to open the close the door and one to monitor the status.
                Lee,
                i didn't mean to imple the device status can't be polled, it can. its really just what status the device will send out when it changes.

i think you should be fine with one 2450 per door.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ICON SwitchLinc Relays

In the statement below it is stated that all items 30 or better are I2 yet I have 2 Ver. 60 ICON SwitchLinc Relays which it plugin has made it Protocol 1 , Should it be 2 ???

TIA

- For PLM users only: All Smarthome devices with firmware 30 or greater support the i2 protocol. The i2 protocol is faster for reading and creating links. Check your insteon.ini to see if the Protocol key is equals 2 for each device based on the firmware version. If not shutdown hs and clear the value from the Protocol key, then restart HS. The plugin will recheck the device (when necessary) and save the appropriate Protocol value.

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                    In the statement below it is stated that all items 30 or better are I2 yet I have 2 Ver. 60 ICON SwitchLinc Relays which it plugin has made it Protocol 1 , Should it be 2 ???

TIA

- For PLM users only: All Smarthome devices with firmware 30 or greater support the i2 protocol. The i2 protocol is faster for reading and creating links. Check your insteon.ini to see if the Protocol key is equals 2 for each device based on the firmware version. If not shutdown hs and clear the value from the Protocol key, then restart HS. The plugin will recheck the device (when necessary) and save the appropriate Protocol value.
                    are you saying the firmware version reported by the switch is 60 (sounds high for a switch)? if so, did you try the procedure i outlined above to give the plugin another chance to check the protocol version.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      Lee,
                      i didn't mean to imple the device status can't be polled, it can. its really just what status the device will send out when it changes.

i think you should be fine with one 2450 per door.
                      Thanks Mark. But, when in Momentary C mode, if you poll the device, it always come back as "off". So when you poll, you get the status of the "button push" of the garage door motor, and not the status of the garage door sensor. In momentary C mode, the device is only "on" momentarily and then turns off.

I think I will move the question around the 2450 and garage door use to another thread to stop the pollution to your release thread. :-)

Thanks for all the great work on the plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        are you saying the firmware version reported by the switch is 60 (sounds high for a switch)? if so, did you try the procedure i outlined above to give the plugin another chance to check the protocol version.
                        Appears to reset to protocol 1

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                          Appears to reset to protocol 1
                          can you post the ini section for the device in question? i'll check with SH
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I just got some brand new 2476D switchlincs to replace some bad ones and to add some new switches to the system..

the pluginb sees them as "unknown device type 0119".. im on version 1.4 of the plugin.. their firmware is 38 and the ini file shows them as protocol 2...

I added them by keying in their device ID's to the pluginb and not by tap-adding..

any idea why they show up as unknown device type?
                            -Christopher
                            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
                              I just got some brand new 2476D switchlincs to replace some bad ones and to add some new switches to the system..

the pluginb sees them as "unknown device type 0119".. im on version 1.4 of the plugin.. their firmware is 38 and the ini file shows them as protocol 2...

I added them by keying in their device ID's to the pluginb and not by tap-adding..

any idea why they show up as unknown device type?
                              -Christopher
                              the devicetype 0119 is new, i'll have to update the plugin
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X