X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Color Change with Status Change

Greetings, everyone!
    I am not someone who is proficient with scripting, so I need some help with this dilemma. I want to have a page on my iPhone's HSTouch, where the status of various important devices would be displayed (i.e. alarm, entrance doors, generator, etc.) I can easily do this via script command that displays device string (i.e. armed or disarmed, etc.), but...

How do I make the color of text change dynamically, based on specific device string displayed? For example, if the alarm is armed, show text in bold red. If alarm is disarmed - in green. Generator running - show is red, and so on...

I currently do have device strings for certain of these devices displayed, but they are always in the same color. Once I add a bunch of what I consider "vital" to have on that overview page, I just wanted abnormal values to stand out, such as being red. How do I do this?

You want to use the device's value to drive the color change.
    Check out my how-to on doing this.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153439
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

That was very, very helpful. Thanks a lot!

Comment

No problem, VP - now you have to share your creation with us!

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks for posting that. I'm just getting started with HS Touch, so that's very helpful.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You're welcome, Al!

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              No problem, VP - now you have to share your creation with us!
              Gladly, as soon as I work out the aesthetics of cramming multiple status lines onto one screen. Wish we had more templates to work with... Tired of the standard iPhone HSTouch blue template, plus colors (red for alarm on and green for off) don't look too clean on that background.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                Gladly, as soon as I work out the aesthetics of cramming multiple status lines onto one screen. Wish we had more templates to work with... Tired of the standard iPhone HSTouch blue template, plus colors (red for alarm on and green for off) don't look too clean on that background.
                There are a ton of graphic included so create your own. It's really not that hard to drag a background and some gadgets around the screen.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  There are a ton of graphic included so create your own. It's really not that hard to drag a background and some gadgets around the screen.
                  Perhaps that is why HSTouch on iPhone looks like someone without graphical GUI design expertise just dragged around some clip art from Office-98! Rupp, have you seen what professionally designed interfaces look like?

Comment

Perhaps that is why HSTouch on iPhone looks like someone without graphical GUI design expertise just dragged around some clip art from Office-98! Rupp, have you seen what professionally designed interfaces look like?
                    If you do not like what you see make a new one. There are been several designs that are outstanding posted in the past. Just like me and many others the HS guys aren't graphic artists but have provided the tools to make your interface as professional as your abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      If you do not like what you see make a new one. There are been several designs that are outstanding posted in the past. Just like me and many others the HS guys aren't graphic artists but have provided the tools to make your interface as professional as your abilities.
                      Rupp,
                      Sadly, you completely miss the point. I don't expect HS guys to be professional GUI designers. I wish to have access to better templates - free or paid. Unfortunately, unlike many of it high-priced competitors (Control4, for example), there does not seem to be an abundance of third-party providers making paid add-ons and templates for sale. You are correct: provided tools are absolutely great, but they are limited by my lack of the aforementioned "professional abilities"...

Comment

Rupp - if you dont like your car, go make a new one
                        Seriously, though, that is poor support IMO. I would hope that the next major release version of HSTouch has a new default template.

Comment

I don't expect HS guys to be professional GUI designers. I wish to have access to better templates - free or paid.
                          I didn't miss your point. There have been a couple of guys that started to create templates for sale but quickly found that the hours it would take to create all the possibilities any one user would want isn't cost affective. That leaves us with what we have a good tool and many users that do not have the skills to meet their expectations. Hopefully one day someone will take on this challenge but the templates will not be cheap.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rupp;1035873]
                            I don't expect HS guys to be professional GUI designers. I wish to have access to better templates - free or paid. /QUOTE]I didn't miss your point. There have been a couple of guys that started to create templates for sale but quickly found that the hours it would take to create all the possibilities any one user would want isn't cost affective. That leaves us with what we have a good tool and many users that do not have the skills to meet their expectations. Hopefully one day someone will take on this challenge but the templates will not be cheap.
                            Thanks, Rupp. I do understand the challenges of making software marketed not at installers and designers, but at the DIY crowd... Sorry for venting, since I don't have a solution to offer, either. I would be willing to pay for a perfect template, something a bit more modern and resembling the interfaces I see in other iPhone apps.

Comment

Thanks, Rupp. I do understand the challenges of making software marketed not at installers and designers, but at the DIY crowd... Sorry for venting, since I don't have a solution to offer, either. I would be willing to pay for a perfect template, something a bit more modern and resembling the interfaces I see in other iPhone apps.
                              Hopefully someday soon someone will see an opportunity in creating HSTouch templates as I believe as you do that there are users that are willing to pay for this service.

Comment

Working...
                              X