This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Add Device but Programming Fails

I'm a long-time Insteon user and I'm transitioning to HomeSeer. I've been manually adding my devices using the HouseLinc display. (I run both HouseLinc and the Insteon app using two different hubs.)
    Everything's been going well but I've been having a problem with one devices. It's a keypad dimmer and it functions fine and displays fine in both HouseLinc and the Insteon app.

In HomeSeer, I was unable to add it manually, but I was able to add it via tap. So it's on my device list, but when I try to save changes I get the message "...buttons programming failed." Unlike the other devices, HS has not downloaded the existing links for this device. I did a Comm Reliability test and it was at 100%. If it helps I'm running HS on a Win 10 machine. The switch is a Keypad Dimmer[2334-222] FW version 45.

I've tried making sure all the lights are off when programming (in my experience that can cut down RF noise and help), but it did not help.

Any help would be appreciated.

first try using the 'program device for homeseer' on the device edit page. then try programming the device again.

if that doesn't work

Please enabled detailed logging on the plugin config page, then delete the device from the plugin, and add the kpl back in manually. Then post the hs log snippet of the add transaction.

if you have other kpls in the same jbox, pull the set btn on the others while trying to program the device in question.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      first try using the 'program device for homeseer' on the device edit page. then try programming the device again.

if that doesn't work

Please enabled detailed logging on the plugin config page, then delete the device from the plugin, and add the kpl back in manually. Then post the hs log snippet of the add transaction.

if you have other kpls in the same jbox, pull the set btn on the others while trying to program the device in question.
      Thanks so much for your response. The Program Device for HomeSeer button did the trick.

Comment

thanks for reporting back.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X