SCSIP Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCSIP Advice Please

I was in need of a SIP handler for Homeseer so I search this forum and found positive comments on SCSIP. I purchased and installed the plug-in about 2 weeks ago and am having some issues. I have reached out to Smarter Controls tech support (Duncan) and while he has responded, his delayed responses are not serving me very well.

First, I cannot seem to get the plug-in to perform certain functions shown in the manual. I would like to delete one of my SIP accounts but the delete function does no more than throw out a handful of errors. Same with adding associated devices and functions. I click on the boxes, run an update, and all I get are error messages in the log.

This all feels like a compatibility issue and I am wondering if I either performed the installation properly or if I don't have some support firmware installed. The plug-in calls for net.framework 4.5 and my box is running 4.7. In the past I have been able to install multiple versions of net.framwork but 4.7 won't let me install 4.5.

I thought I might uninstall and reinstall the plug-in but I cannot find a way to perform that function, shy of just deleting the installed programs and reinstalling them again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Current Date/Time: 5/10/2018 8:48:51 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 14 Hours 31 Minutes 44 Seconds
    IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Number of Devices: 176
    Number of Events: 55
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 8
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Norton AntiVirus

Enabled Plug-Ins
    0.0.0.41: Pushover 3P
    5.0.2.0: SCREPOSITORY
    4.7.9.0: SCSIP
    3.0.6702.34494: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
    Last edited by jimbtv; May 10, 2018, 07:51 AM. Reason: Added site-specific data.

i am not able to get Scsip working in HS3 version .470 beta.
    everything use to work properly up until a couple of weeks ago when i noticed i was not receiving any calls.
    i have removed it completely and re- started HS3 and re- installed Scsip but i am unable to register account.
    any other users of Scsip having issues.

Thanks in Advance
    Paul.

Comment

I think I just found my answer. I just installed SCSIP with 3.0.0.435 and getting errors registering SIP client. Have you guys been successful at all or is this not worth pursuing any further?

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
        I think I just found my answer. I just installed SCSIP with 3.0.0.435 and getting errors registering SIP client. Have you guys been successful at all or is this not worth pursuing any further?
        I would not waste your time as the plugins are no longer supported. From the Smarter Control website: "These plugins are not longer updated and may not work with newer version of HS3. Please ensure you test with your version of HS3 before purchasing."
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

yeah guess I was grasping at straws, too bad...I am surprised no one else came up with a SIP client for HS3 in all these years. In its day SCSIP did a fine job. With free google in and outbound phone numbers its a great notification feature for HS3 without the need for other apps.

Comment

Hi All,
            Very dispondant when reading the post here. Basically have found that if I update SCSIP to either version 4.0.7.9 or version 5.0.0.0 then clients never register. Personally I have rolled back to version 2.6.2.0 that actually allows you to register clients but have found that if you ring the clients then when the call is cleared from the calling end the client status becomes unregistered. Really only use the HS SIP client to page my phones to tell me to take my pills. The fact that the status shows unregistered is not to much of an issue for me as the actual SIP client is still registered on the SIP server.

Sorry know this is not really a great deal of help but thought I would add what I have found.
            Guess a new HS SIP client Plugin is required if Duncan has put this on the back burner. A great shame indeed.

Peter

Comment

i had this plugin working for ages... but i did not test anymore..
              i see that it became free now, so i wil start to test soon.

With 425 it sill works for me only i needed to restart the plugin as it did disconnect after a call..
              Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
              Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Hi Malosa,
                Interesting to see you have a later version working. I am running HS 3.0.0.531 my plugin also shows disconnected. Basically like you I would have expected the status to go back to registered but Disconnected in the telecoms world just means the call has cleared.
                I now have an event that calls from one SCSIP Exten to another every 5 minutes. I have another event that checks to see if the called exten has not been disconnected for the last 15 minutes. Works a treat, if it fails I know my asterisk need to be rebooted. That's another issue!

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
                  Hi Malosa,
                  Interesting to see you have a later version working. I am running HS 3.0.0.531 my plugin also shows disconnected. Basically like you I would have expected the status to go back to registered but Disconnected in the telecoms world just means the call has cleared.
                  I now have an event that calls from one SCSIP Exten to another every 5 minutes. I have another event that checks to see if the called exten has not been disconnected for the last 15 minutes. Works a treat, if it fails I know my asterisk need to be rebooted. That's another issue!

Peter
                  Hi Peter - would you be able to share your homeseer event. Currently, I am manually registering SIP extension and it is very tedious (and obviously defeating the purpose of home automation.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ferdies,
                    here are the events, while these events run purely on the LAN I have also used them via a couple Sipgate numbers and all works well. Still having issues with FreePBX that is why the events are currently disabled. Exten 236 does not do anything except register.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Click image for larger version

Name:	Event - Call 235.PNG
Views:	374
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1321346

Name:	Event - Server failed.PNG
Views:	398
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1321347

Name:	Event - Exten 236 Not registered.PNG
Views:	362
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1321348

Comment

Hi Pervez2602,

Thank you! I have a cloud-based FreePBX so I will try. Hopefully this will work.

Again, thanks.

Comment

Hi ferdies,
                        What version of scsip and HS are you running? Would be interested to know if it works for you.
                        Peter

Comment

Guys

I am still running v 4.0.1.0 of SCSIP - and it moans over license even though it says "included" (I did originally pay for it).

Where can I find the later versions? It does not appear anywhere....expected to find it in the legacy section...

Any advice most appreciated.

David
                          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

I was just digging around for a VoIP SIP plug-in, so I can dial out from HS3 to make phonecall alerts. I see SCSIP mentioned, but any past references I see to Smarter Control & Duncan, take me down a rabbit hole to nowhere. Seems it's all gone dark and from what I read in this and other threads, seems not doable unless you write your own SIP phone code? Which I'm not in any way equipped to do.

Comment

You might take look at Twilio and the PI or script on the forum. Pretty simple setup as I recall.

Comment

Working...
                              X