This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface

Is my PLM dead or has something else gone wrong? We had a power outage and when the system came back up I noticed that none of my insteon devices were responding to homeseer. I did a clean reboot of the system and I am still having the issue. On the Insteon plug-in page it says:
    ** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
    Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in.

Log snippet:
    Jun-01 8:01:21 AM TTS Speak ():Web server port number is 8088
    Jun-01 8:01:20 AM TTS Speak ():Welcome to Home-Seer
    Jun-01 8:01:20 AM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Esgaroth Instance: Default IP address: 127.0.0.1
    Jun-01 8:01:01 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin Insteon started successfully in 4250 milliseconds
    Jun-01 8:01:01 AM Insteon Could not contact Interface on COM3
    Jun-01 8:00:57 AM Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID 99967.
    Jun-01 8:00:57 AM Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
    Jun-01 8:00:57 AM Startup Start up complete.

please try a factory reset on the plm. see the manual for instructions. Then you can use the reprogram interface routine on the config page of the plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      please try a factory reset on the plm. see the manual for instructions. Then you can use the reprogram interface routine on the config page of the plugin.
      Thanks Mark!! That did the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by bburns View Post
        Thanks Mark!! That did the trick.
        always like the easy ones! thanks for reporting back.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X