Plugin Support over the next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Support over the next week

I wanted to let everyone know that I will not be in the right frame of mind to work on any issues during the next week as we have to take our dog of 13 years and put him down tomorrow.
    This is going to be very difficult for me and will need some time to myself.

Thanks for understanding.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade,

So Sorry to hear that, it is always so hard they become one of the family, take your time you need it

Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Oh ****!

When my dog (of again, 13 years) died it was harder on me then when my father died! Granted I never knew my father, but..... still. Screw your plugins. Dogs are better than HomeSeer (sorry to HST and all our HA brothers and sisters who aren't dog people). Dogs can do much better motion detection and security. They are certainly much better personal assistants. And they provide a type of companionship that no AI will ever be able to compete with.

All the more I can say is that I'm speechless.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

There is nothing I can say. Our Airedale is a member of our family, she is a good friend, an entertainer and seems to have empathy for both my wife and myself.

Sadly these wonderful creatures have a shorter lifespan than we do and we have to go through this far too often.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Bummed for you.

Take care.
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Sadly these wonderful creatures have a shorter lifespan than we do and we have to go through this far too often.

'Tis all too true. But if you have young children, as I do, it can be a very good lesson about life when a beloved companion moves on. My boys are so deply in love with their guinea pig that I'm fearing the day when he moves on. But it's gotta be soon as the pig is going on 5 years old. I'm hoping we can make it a solemn family activity. Really I fear that he dies when they aren't home. WTF do I do then? Keep him in the deep freeze until they're back? No digging holes in the absolutely frozen ground here for a few more weeks.

Comment

We do not have children. Our child was a Maltese that we got as a puppy. I took three weeks off work to deal with the loss. It took 2-3 years to get over his passing. I feel for you.

Comment

Wow I really appreciate the kind words. They mean a lot.

We have 3 kids... The 2 older daughters (17 and 14) want to be there. It is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done.

It is going to be a really hard day (especially for me as I worked from home for 7 years of his life and he was there beside me every day... even while writing plugins)

Thanks again
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Sorry to hear that Bob and my thoughts are with you and your family. I haven't had a dog in quite a while as I had a difficult time dealing with the death of the black lab cross we used to have. She slept for 12 years on the foot of my bed. They truly are like family and family is much more important than plugins.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I feel your pain Bob.
                    Last edited by prnorton; September 28, 2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Finding it really hard to function today.
                      My heart is breaking having to do this to "Blade" (yes I use his name on the forums)
                      Hopefully I can gather some strength to get through it
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Bob, I am so sorry to hear this. It sounds like you have had a long happy time together. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

hjk
                        ---

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I lost my German Shepherd, Sgt. Schultz when he was only two. He aspirated his ball while we were playing at the park and I could not dislodge it. Died in my arms. That was 20 years ago and I seldom get through the story without tearing up.

My current GSD, Col. Klink, is coming up on ten, and, sadly, has a spinal issue which probably only gives him another month or two before we have to put him down. I too have an 18 and 14 year old and it will be hard.

However, as I tell them, death is part of live. And although this week will be profoundly sad for you and your family, I'm sure you'll agree that this sorrow is a small price to pay for the 13 years of joy Blade brought to you and your family.

Ultimately, with pets, I feel it is a bargain that we as owners and they as companions, get, on balance, a very good deal.

Comment

Wazoo,

So sorry to hear that. It has been a tough few days. I know I did the right thing but it still very hard to come to terms that he is gone. He passed while I was holding him as well. It was very hard on my girls as well.

It was fully worth the 13 years of joy he brought to us. I miss him very much.

We still have a 7 year old female GSD and she is quite sad as well.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

I know it's not the same but today I find that our fish is lifeless in his tank. This will be the first animal that my boys (5 and 8) have lost. It's not going to be a happy time when they come home from school today.

Comment

Working...
                              X