www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > PI-SonosController (3P)

PI-SonosController (3P) Discussion of Sonos Controller Plug-in

Old January 14th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Dirk,

I unpluged the cat6 wire from the sonos Connect . So now all my sonos are wireless... so the 3 players are showing as wirelessly connected to the router in the router config page..

That seems to do the tricks..

I'll try this for a couple of days and will get you back after that !

thanks
Old January 15th, 2018, 02:30 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerguy View Post
Hi Dirk,

I unpluged the cat6 wire from the sonos Connect . So now all my sonos are wireless... so the 3 players are showing as wirelessly connected to the router in the router config page..

That seems to do the tricks..

I'll try this for a couple of days and will get you back after that !

thanks
That actually doesn't surprise me, this is most likely pointing to network loops and RSTP not being activated throughout the network.

You could also wire only 1 player, have NONE of the players connected to your wifi network and have the inter player communication be dealt with through the embedded SonosNet. That I believe is the recommended deployment model by Sonos.

Dirk
Old January 24th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Seer

My connect has stopped updateing state in HS aswell. I can control it from HS but the device is not update in HS
Old January 24th, 2018, 02:29 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfire View Post
My connect has stopped updateing state in HS aswell. I can control it from HS but the device is not update in HS
Stated above, check your firewall ..... all points to firewall not providing proper allowance to the HSPI_SONOS.EXE (incoming and outgoing) ..... assuming you didn't do any deleting of devices or moving setup between PCs etc.
Old January 30th, 2018, 01:07 AM
Seer Deluxe

I think i resolved thoses issues by changing the router firware to a custom one ''lede''. The default one is buggy.

The states of all my sonos seems more responsive. We'll see
Old January 31st, 2018, 04:15 PM
Seer Deluxe

I Dirk,

the issus is there again. It is less frequent.

When it's happens i mannually press the play buttons on the HSe device page. And then the pungin communicate with sonos states again.

So i am tinking if this is an issues with the plugin itselft?
I was tinking about buying the sonost boost... but i do not want to buy this for nothing.

Thanks Matt

EDIT:

reverted back tro boost mode (Vm=0)( lan connected to my connect). But this time i cheked clearly on what channel was my 2.4 ghz router .

So this time i did put the boost setup on channel 11. and the wifi on channel 1. I do not know if that was the case at the begining.

Will report back

Last edited by Summerguy; January 31st, 2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old February 9th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

hi dirk,

i got this error this time. And the player do not report the states of the sono anymore.

eb-09 6:26:01 PM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of PlayerControl. Plugin: Sonos Instance: RINCON_5CAAFD5D90EA01400&clientid=0
Old February 9th, 2018, 07:57 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
hi dirk,

i got this error this time. And the player do not report the states of the sono anymore.

eb-09 6:26:01 PM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of PlayerControl. Plugin: Sonos Instance: RINCON_5CAAFD5D90EA01400&clientid=0
Benign error ....
Have you been deleting devices? HS3 seems to be unwilling to remove URLs I gave it but this would only show when a player was deleted and re-added. If players were deleted, how did you do this? If you deleted devices straight out of the hs device management page, your HS DB is now inconsistent with the Sonos .ini file and some players won't work, but they typically don't work at all. If they work for a while and stop updating, saying it again ..... firewall!!!
Old February 9th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Seer Deluxe

it stopped updating since two hours from now. firewall is off.

will try to delete the plugin and star over gain
Old February 9th, 2018, 08:39 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
it stopped updating since two hours from now. firewall is off.

will try to delete the plugin and star over gain
was firewall off before it stopped or you just turned firewall off after it stopped? Don't delete the PI, it really makes no difference (in this case). If there is a corruption, you need to stop HS3 and delete the sonos.ini file and start again which will wipe out all Sonos created devices and start all over BUT it will also corrupt all Sonos PI related events that you might have created, so you would have to redo those.
So last time the problem went away after you made all players wireless, so this may suggest an issue with the router. Subsequently you posted you had updated the FW on that router and things were better. Are you now back to the old wired config or still on a pure wireless config? The problem could still be in your network where perhaps mac entries age out or other issues (switches tend to learn where traffic comes and goes to and "remembers" it to be more efficient for the next time but times them out if no traffic comes through for a while).
If you restart the PI (not PC not HS) does it start working again? Key to remember why there are these (firewall) challenges is that at start-up, the PI will establish TCP connections with players (for each UPNP service-event it is interested in) so it will initiate the conversation which is something firewalls like. What firewalls (or age based tables like arp, mac learning) don't like, is that traffic comes from somewhere and they have no prior knowledge of this source (because the info has times out). That's why after x minutes suddenly updates don't work anymore. UPNP was designed that when the TCP connection fails, the UPNP subsystem generates an event and the UPNP user will take action to recover from this. In your case, the events are lost but the TCP connection is actually still active. How do I know this: because I wrote the UPNP subsystem

Dirk
Old February 10th, 2018, 03:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Dirk,

thank for your fast reply.

I will read this carefully tomorow and will get back to you.

Matt
Old February 10th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
was firewall off before it stopped or you just turned firewall off after it stopped? ( I turned the firewall off after it stopped) Don't delete the PI, it really makes no difference (in this case). If there is a corruption, you need to stop HS3 and delete the sonos.ini file and start again which will wipe out all Sonos created devices and start all over BUT it will also corrupt all Sonos PI related events that you might have created, so you would have to redo those.
So last time the problem went away after you made all players wireless, so this may suggest an issue with the router. Subsequently you posted you had updated the FW on that router and things were better. Yes but just for a period of time, like 3-4 days Are you now back to the old wired config or still on a pure wireless config? I am now on the wired config because i had the same problem with wireless. Only the sonos connect is wired ( i did line sonos recomand ( boost setup) Sonos on channel 6 for now and my wireless 2.4 on channel 11 with 20hz range between channelsThe problem could still be in your network where perhaps mac entries age out or other issues (switches tend to learn where traffic comes and goes to and "remembers" it to be more efficient for the next time but times them out if no traffic comes through for a while). Maybe but how do i get over this if this is the problem?

If you restart the PI (not PC not HS) does it start working again? No Key to remember why there are these (firewall) challenges is that at start-up, the PI will establish TCP connections with players (for each UPNP service-event it is interested in) so it will initiate the conversation which is something firewalls like. What firewalls (or age based tables like arp, mac learning) don't like, is that traffic comes from somewhere and they have no prior knowledge of this source (because the info has times out). That's why after x minutes suddenly updates don't work anymore. UPNP was designed that when the TCP connection fails, the UPNP subsystem generates an event and the UPNP user will take action to recover from this. In your case, the events are lost but the TCP connection is actually still active. How do I know this: because I wrote the UPNP subsystem

Dirk
See my response in bold.

Nb: windows firewall is off since yesterday 4 pm. The plugin was not able to send status for 4 hours..
What i did : ''factory''reset the router with the last Lede firmware wich is 17.01.04. Upgrade the wireless drivers ( kmod-mwlwifi) wich is explained in this thread https://forum.lede-project.org/t/pre...-releases/3262.
( i had to start a putty session via ssh to do this)

The benefit form this is i have the last wireless driver for my wireleess marvel ship...
if i go with the linksys stock firwware , the last date they updated it in july of 2017. And if you do a research... on the net you will know people experience 5hgz down issues.

anyways all of this was already done ( lede firware + drivers update). And the problem occured. The only difference is now i started for a fresh Lede install.

This install is so much stable ... i was experiencing amazon echo ( i have 6) deconection a lot. And now i have no problem at all.
The only thing remaining is the sonos plugin not able to update it's state for whatever reason.

So the problem disapered 1 hours after i did the fresh install of LEDE. But happened again intermitetlly. When i press the '' PLay_pause '' button it sometimes wake up the the plugin and the status are working again.

( firewall off since yesterday)

Can i add rule to open a port in my router just for the Sonos? OR Do i need to buy a SONOS Boost wireless extender??

thank you
Old February 10th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Seer Deluxe

it is working fine at the present time. For what it worths.

i sent you my Log since yesterday in PM

Last edited by Summerguy; February 10th, 2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old April 7th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Don,

Just wanted to share that i didnt have this issue anymore since i bought and installed the Sonos Boost. (More than one month ago).

Matt