GoControl Z-Wave Signal OFF Emergency Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl Z-Wave Signal OFF Emergency Timer

Does the GoControl WI15VZ-1 Z-Wave Irrigation Controller have 'internal' timers that you can set to turn off zones in an emergency in case the z-wave signal (for 'off') does not get to the controller? I know the Relay8 has this feature for this purpose.
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

I have one and it does have internal programmable timers. However I have not been able to get any directions on how to set it up.
    the parameter list from GoControl is rather lacking. The only parameter they sent me was to change the rain sensor from a normally closed status to a normally open status depending on the rain sensor you have.

I've been using an event for three zones, 10 minutes on "A", then wait 5 seconds, then 10 minutes "B", etc. I cycle through the three zones twice.

I suppose you could write a separate event to automatically shutoff the controller after "X" minutes regardless of operation status.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
      Does the GoControl WI15VZ-1 Z-Wave Irrigation Controller have 'internal' timers that you can set to turn off zones in an emergency in case the z-wave signal (for 'off') does not get to the controller? I know the Relay8 has this feature for this purpose.
      I use an appliance module on the power adapter and I turn it on to water and off when it is done so there will be no accidental turn on of the water.

As far as timing of the valves in an event I use a setting from the drop-down and select a value that is greater than the time you are going to water that zone with and then add in a wait statement that is the exact time you want that valve to run and then turn off the valve, wait a few seconds and repeat for next valve. See pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

What I was after was the existing of the internal timers that racerfern mentioned.

This is important in a sprinkler controller as it is the 'emergency' stop in case the zwave network command for off/stop does not get through
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
          Thanks for the reply.

What I was after was the existing of the internal timers that racerfern mentioned.

This is important in a sprinkler controller as it is the 'emergency' stop in case the zwave network command for off/stop does not get through
          I guess I should have mentioned why I put that in there. I realize you are trying to find a fail safe in case the off doesn't work. 'Irrigation System Enable' does not seem to do anything whether it is on or off. That is why I use the appliance module as a way to have a fail safe. A sensor on the rain gauge is not going to be a fix. So I figured removing the power all together will definitely turn it off and/or prevent it from coming on prematurely.

Comment

Working...
          X