X10 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Problems

Help I am loosing my mind. And so Is my automation system.

I have lights going off an on for no apparent reason. And in my HomeSeer log I can see crazy things going on. Like This. Note I am not using house code J ,G,

~!~X10 Received~!~J16 (?) J Status Request
    ~!~X10 Received~!~J16 (?) A On
    ~!~X10 Received~!~ G Status Request
    ~!~X10 Received~!~ J Status Request
    ~!~X10 Received~!~ I Status Off

And not just on house code J. I have disabled all my events. All plugins and I guess this is electrical noise?

I have installed the following in the last couple of weeks to try and alleviate these problems with no success.

Replace CM11A with TI103 X-10 Computer Interface
    LEVITON WHOLEHOUSE X10 BLOCKING COUPLER (thought it was a neighbors X10)
    FILTERLINC 10-AMP PLUG-IN NOISE FILTER (On every computer,UPS etc.)
    FILTERLINC 5-AMP PLUG-IN NOISE FILTER (On every TV and surge suppressor)
    ALL HOUSECODE RF TRANSCEIVER (disabled all house codes not being used including J) Only A,M & N are enabled (For Motion Sensors & Remotes). Removed all existing RF recievers.

I have ordered a ELK X10 signal meter to help diagnose my problem. But not sure where to start.

Has anyone else seen this kind of problem? Where should I start looking. Bad module,light switch.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    keef
    Last edited by keef; October 20, 2006, 01:26 PM.

I had a lot of noise in my home due to a bad PC power supply. Unplugged it and it was amazing. I replaced the (el cheap-o) PS with a mid-priced one and things improved greatly. That PS was so noisy that you could hear it in AM radios.

It had the requisite FCC Part 15 certificaition claims.

Glad my neighbors' are not also so afflicted.

Comment

Once you get the meter, start testing for noise. Turn off one breaker at a time until you can isolate the source.
      Martin Custer

Comment

Working...
      X