This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 PLM Problems

The X10 part of my PLM is acting a bit flaky. There are areas of the house that it initially hit faithfully and now is hit or miss or not at all.

At the same time, the plm would be unresponsive in the AM, sometime around four AM, messages like the below pop up. I have nothing that runs then. Another symptom is the PLM repeated beaconing an x10 command. I can pull the usb cable, pull the plm, sometimes reboot. This has happened twice ending about 3 weeks ago. The other messages and "weaker" signal persist.

I know, x10 spells come and go, however this has popped up:

Error: Error in ProcessPLMX10: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length -- Details System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length
    at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)

The only changes about this time is removing 5 X10 keypad transmitters and replacing them with 3 insteon keypads. Also a number of new insteon groups have been added to control what the X10 had been.

The log is attached.

I guess a question is coming.. is it possible that the x10 portion of the PLM has gone bad and it needs to be swapped while still under warranty?
    Attached Files
    Paul

Paul,
    i recently experienced this same error. the x10 msgs aren't coming in correctly. Its not the PLM. My problem was noise on the powerline.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Not a surprise for here then
      Paul

Comment

This was a classic case of shooting myself in the foot. I made an adjustment to the Doostat plugin, telling to not acknowledge messages. The x10 traffic problems started then.

I turned it back on, and no more problems.
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
          This was a classic case of shooting myself in the foot. I made an adjustment to the Doostat plugin, telling to not acknowledge messages. The x10 traffic problems started then.

I turned it back on, and no more problems.
          I'm not familar with that plugin, but glad you found the issue. It might be worth making a note in one the devices User Notes to help you remember.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X