HS3 BL Plugins and Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 BL Plugins and Linux

I am looking for the plugins that really need to be converted to Linux for HS3.

I do not plan to do them all. I just do not have the time needed to do all plugins.

BLRF should work in linux now.

I need to know which ones you use the most and need to be working in linux.

The number of people needing a plugin will determine if it gets done or not

Plugins compatible with LINUX:

BLRF
    BLRadar (uses SQLite database now)
    BLStat (uses SQLite database now)
    BLOnkyo
    BLML2HS
    BLGarbage
    BLRandom
    BLReminders
    BLLAN
    BLControl

Linux testers NEEDED
    Last edited by Blade; May 22, 2014, 09:55 AM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I currently use:

BLStat (using - very important)
    BLBackup (using - nice to have)
    BLOnkyo (planning to use)
    BLLock (possible future use)
    BLRadar (possible future use)

--Pete

Comment

BLRF (possible future use)
      BLRadar (using in HS2 now)
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

BLRF should already work in Linux

Working on BLRadar now

I am going to need testers for Linux since I do not have it here
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

@Bob,

I can test the HS3 Russound plugin in Linux. I'll look as I am using your plugins today in HS2. Don't pay attention cuz they just work.

So far to date have only tested Rob's HAI Plugin and Spud's UPB plugin. I am not sure that initially Spud had tested his plugin in Linux in the beginning as he showed me how to run it locally and remotely; sort of mentioning that "it should work in Linux" and it did work when I tried it.

Its been easier to deal with the portability of the HS3 Linux implementation as I test today by just copying the HS3 directory from an Arm Based CPU tiny thing to an Atom embedded Linux tiny thing to an Ubuntu 14.40 big thing in just a matter of minutes; which personally is a neato way to test HS3 on different boxes. There is no more "windows" installation stuff (that said I do have a Windows HS3 box set up to concurrently side by side test Wintel next to Linux).

What is neato is the transparency of the hardware to HS3. I am leaning a bit to Intel (testing today in AMD) over Arm (like 51% over 49% right now). This is more of a personal thing or opinion though.

BTW as far as I recall; you were the very first HS3 plugin author to move your stuff over from HS2; that is a momentous milestone in itself.
          Last edited by Pete; May 14, 2014, 10:55 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

BLRadar is now linux compatible

BLRadar is now in the updater and should work in Linux but will need testers.
            BLRadar now uses a SQLite database instead of an Access database so you will lose your history. Sorry about that
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

BLStat is now linux compatible

BLStat is now in the updater and should work in Linux but will need testers.
              BLStat now uses a SQLite database instead of an Access database so you will lose your history. Sorry about that
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I have utilized the updater in Linux but much of the time have also just downloaded the plugin because I have been testing remote plugin stuff. Running the HS3 plugin on some different box talking to HS3 in Wintel or Linux mode. Works fine too this way.

Its a PITA to copy out the specific plugin details from the updater directory and figure out where everything is supposed to be.

I went to the updater on the HS3 Pro running on Ubuntu 14.04 and downloaded the two above plugins just a few minutes ago.

BLStat failed to install. Guessing the zip file is in the updater directory right now.
                Attached Files
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Let me know if there are any issues in linux with them.
                  Thanks
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Can you post the plugin zip file for BLStat such that I can install it manually on the Ubuntu box.

Security stuff on Ubuntu 14.04 changed a whole bunch versus 13.X and 12.X.

I am guessing the installation script will show me what and where everything goes.

Easier to test one plugin at a time. Best to test plugin in Linux via a manual installation; then work on the updater stuff eh?

Yup; looked at the HS3 directory and it looks like it didn't download the plugin when I ran the updater.

There is nothing in the updater3 directory. Log is showing files and copying of files; but none of them are there; nor are the newly created subdirectories as seen below on the logs.

May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Install/Update of package BLStat failed.
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Error Installation of package BLStat failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Error, package file not found: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/BLStat2.0.38.0/web.config
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\BLStat\web.config
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\BLStat\BLStat_hrs_per_day.aspx
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\BLStat\BLStat_activity.aspx.vb
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\BLStat\BLStat_activity.aspx
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \usr\local\HomeSeer\Data\BLStat\BLStat.s3db
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\Images\BLStat\operatingmode.gif
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\Images\BLStat\fan.gif
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\Images\BLStat\temperature.gif
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\Images\BLStat\heating.gif
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\Images\BLStat\cooling.gif
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\BLHelp\BLStat\Images\optionsPage.jp g
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\BLHelp\BLStat\Images\thermostatsPag e.jpg
                    May-15 7:51:22 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\BLHelp\BLStat\BLStat_Help.asp
                    May-15 7:51:21 AM Updater Installing package BLStat
                    May-15 7:51:21 AM Updater Update HSPI_BLStat.exe downloaded successfully
                    May-15 7:51:19 AM Updater Downloading update: BLStat
                    May-15 7:51:19 AM Updater Starting download of updates
                    May-15 7:48:22 AM Updater Install/Update of package BLStat failed.
                    Apologies...looking at the wrong directory. It is there right now but not showing up as a valid plugin.
                    Last edited by Pete; May 15, 2014, 07:57 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Looks like a different folder structure then what HS3 is trying to update
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

I found the unzipped updated files. It looks like it didn't copy the plugin to the HS3 root directory. Still checking.....

Will use this and do a manual copy over of the files. The directories are there.

,[CHECKVERSION],3.0.0.42
                        activezoneoff.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        activezoneon.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        battery.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        dark.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        echo.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        event.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        udmc.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        hspi_blradar.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        light.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        maintain_activezone.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        maintain_duskdawnsensor.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        maintain_motionsensor.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        noecho.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        sound.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                        BLRadar_Help.asp,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar,0
                        webInterface.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images,0
                        optionsPage.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images,0
                        addSensorPage.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images,0
                        maintainMovementPage.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images,0
                        HSPI_BLRadar.exe,.,0
                        HSPI_BLRadar.exe.config,.,0
                        BLRadar.s3db,.\Data\BLRadar,16
                        System.Data.SQLite.dll,.\bin\BLRadar,0
                        SQLite.Interop.dll,.\bin\BLRadar,0
                        Attached Files
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

OK so it looks like all I needed to do was copy over the plugin and conf file to the root directory. I refreshed plugins page and they came up. So it appears to be only the two files that were not copied to the HS3 root directory. Everything else copied fine from the updater.

Looks to be working. Just maybe you need to tweak out the updater script.

,[CHECKVERSION],3.0.0.42
                          activezoneoff.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          activezoneon.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          battery.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          dark.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          echo.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          event.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          udmc.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          hspi_blradar.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          light.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          maintain_activezone.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          maintain_duskdawnsensor.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          maintain_motionsensor.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          noecho.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          sound.gif,.\html\Images\BLRadar,0
                          BLRadar_Help.asp,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar,0
                          webInterface.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images,0
                          optionsPage.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images,0
                          addSensorPage.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images,0
                          maintainMovementPage.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images,0
                          HSPI_BLRadar.exe,.,0
                          HSPI_BLRadar.exe.config,.,0

BLRadar.s3db,.\Data\BLRadar,16
                          System.Data.SQLite.dll,.\bin\BLRadar,0
                          SQLite.Interop.dll,.\bin\BLRadar,0
                          Attached Files
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am not sure the updater is anything I can fix.
                            I believe HS3 is not waiting long enough for the plugin to shutdown before trying to update it
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Seeing this error in HS3 log. I have Z-Wave not connected nor a Z-Wave thermostat.

I did not configure any hardware for both plugins. That said they "look" to be OK except for the updater thing.

I have historically had a couple of issues with the SQLite versions running months and HS3 versions back.

Guessing though currently OK with version in place.

May-15 8:22:18 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BLStat
                              May-15 8:22:18 AM BLStat start BLStat plug-in has been initialized
                              May-15 8:22:18 AM BLStat Info No Schedules have been configured in the plug-in.
                              May-15 8:22:17 AM BLStat Error Execute_Purge(): Caught this Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X