This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLPlex

I have been using this plugin now for quite a while (probably 6 months or so).

It allows you to interface with your PLEX server. It does not allow any control yet but it will create devices for the server and all sessions on the server and show what each is playing (not tested it with music yet) but I am thinking I need to add music functionality.

PLEX is a big part of my movie and TV show viewing and I am thinking of adding my music collection to it as well

UPDATE

Here is the plugin - It is considered BETA
    It only shows sessions and what is playing on them (video only right now)

BLPlex

1. Download zip file and extract the contents to your HS3 root folder
    2. Restart HS3 to see the new EXE
    3. Enable the plugin

You will need to go to the options web page and enter in the Plex server IP address and port as well as your user id and password
    Once done, click the Initialize Plex Server button and you should get a plex token

It will create devices for the server itself and as devices play videos it will create devices for those as well.

Remember this is just BETA and I have not added much to it in the past months since I have been too busy

IMPORTANT

Using URLs you built from my logs and asked me to test, I was getting connection reset by server errors trying to get to my plex LAN IP on port 32400. Poking around plex forums, I tried the same URLs you sent but with localhost:32400 and they worked. Fortunately, my plex and HS3 servers are one and the same, so that solved my lack of server and player devices once I configured BLPlex to use 127.0.0.1.

Confused by why I was reading all these plex forum posts about <private IP>:32400/web and similar URLs using the LAN IP, I finally found the cause.

Secure connections: required was set on the Network page of server settings. This allows access to any player coming to my server via https://plex.tv over a TLS protected connection using the SSL certificate that plex obtains for each Plex Pass user. It blocks access for all insecure clients - even on the same physical server - except if I use the localhost IP, 127.0.0.1.

To prove this was the cause, I set secure connections to preferred and the test URLs both worked on my LAN IP.

If you want to use BLPlex and your plex server is on the same system as your HS3 server, you can configure BLPlex to use IP 127.0.0.1 and keep secure connections set to required. If they are on different systems, you'll need to set secure connections to preferred.

I appreciate any feedback
    Last edited by Blade; September 30, 2016, 05:47 AM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Originally posted by Blade View Post

It allows you to interface with your PLEX server. It does not allow any control yet but it will create devices for the server and all sessions on the server and show what each is playing (not tested it with music yet) but I am thinking I need to add music functionality.

PLEX is a big part of my movie and TV show viewing and I am thinking of adding my music collection to it as well
    Hi Bob,

Where is the plugin located, I couldn't find it.

Thx.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I have not posted it yet. Was seeing if there was any interest
      I will post the link tonight
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

I have not posted it yet. Was seeing if there was any interest
        I will post the link tonight
        I'm interested....

Comment

Me too, but the interest is price-dependant...
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I'm writing one as well as my first attempt at a plugin, but I may be interested as well. I've already paid for the other one, but it doesn't always work the way I'd like.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              Me too, but the interest is price-dependant...
              I am not planning to charge anything for it
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I'm interested...the other one is just...OK.

Comment

So some ideas/requirements that I would need to use it:

It needs to be able to to distinguish from Movie and TV Shows.

It should ideally be able to tell you which account is consuming the media. I have plex home users and I use this to monitor who is watching what where (no reason for me to be watching something in the kids room, so they must be using it to watch something their not supposed to...LOL)

Pull the rating of the material (TV/Movie rating, not the "Plex" rating of 1->5. Think TV-PG, R, etc).

Duration of media and duration "left" or duration already watched. I'm sure plex provides the latter in both the websocket returns and the web service calls.

Content title would be nice as well.

It would be ideal for it to pull the fan art, but at this point that is not that important as I don't have a current use for it (yet)

Consider adding Photos and the complications it brings with music (Photo albums and music can "play" at the same time, so are bother returned in a session). This could affect Video as well.

I'm a fan of too much information can't really hurt.

Like I said I'm writing my own (so maybe we could collaborate if you are releasing it for free?). I'm moving to C#.net at work so I'm using mine as not only a side project to get more comfortable with .Net, but also a way to get comfortable with Homeseer plugins as I would like to start making them.

Comment

I am not planning to charge anything for it
                    Then I'm VERY interested.
                    (I would be anyway if the price was reasonable).
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I have been using Plex for years but havent made the move completely to hs3. Would be interested in checking it out.

Comment

+1
                        Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

+1 too

Comment

I also use Plex extensively and would be interested in a plugin. Control options would be ideal.

Comment

I use my FireTVs to feed Plex to the televisions and speakers through a Denon AV receiver - that represents the biggest chunk of AV going on around here. I would use it if it works on Linux. I could test on Linux if you need that also.

Comment

Working...
                              X