Ibeacon Major Minor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ibeacon Major Minor

I have been researching the purpose for the Major Minor setting. I have not found a thread that clearly explains the purpose of the Major Minor Setting.

Also

How does a person pick the ID?

Originally posted by hunter69 View Post
    I have been researching the purpose for the Major Minor setting. I have not found a thread that clearly explains the purpose of the Major Minor Setting.

Also

How does a person pick the ID?
    The major/minor settings allow you to differentiate easily between beacons. You will usually find that if you buy multiple beacons from the same manufacturer, they will all come configured with the same long UID and with both major/minor set to 1. This is for ease of manufacturing. If you buy more than one to use in the same vicinity you'll want to be able to differentiate between them. Setting the major/minor settings to different values achieves that. I have 3 beacons currently. They are configured: Major1/Minor1, Major1/Minor2, Major1/Minor3

There is no need to change the long UID, though you usually can if you wish.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Thank you for the help.

If you don't mind I need to check my setup for Ibeacon.

I am using geofency. I added my ibeacon into geofency.

I added a user in phlocation for the ibeacon. I added the ibeacon uuid into the phlocation tab in the user in phlocation.

Does that sound like I am doing this correctly?

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X