www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Energy Management Plug-ins > Energy Management Discussion > APCUPSD Plugin (3P)

APCUPSD Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the APCUPSD UPS monitoring plugin.

Old July 29th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Seer Plus

Thanks, I found them, just copied them to the correct directory. The plugin looks much better.

Thanks,
Steve
Old February 20th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Super Seer

There is a new version in the Beta section of the Updater with support for Linux.
Old March 25th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Seer

Smile Viewing of Load

Great plugin and easy to setup.

I hope I am being an idiot and not seeing it but where is the load the UPS is using in Amps or Watts?

I see a load percentage as a device and on the Status Page I see a "Nominal Power" of the UPS but no value telling you how much power the UPS is using?

My UPSs "nominal power" is 865 Watt and at a load of 27% I guess i am using 234 watt.

Is there any way to get a device showing the this?

Please be nice with your replies as I am very new to homeseer

Thanks

Dan
Old March 25th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Seer

Just had a thought... The Watts calculation need to account for the input voltage change. My APC UPS wants to see 230v so if it see 237v then the nominal power is higher.

My UPS shows watts on the front LCD panels and using the Load % as the reference and the the math below it matches my UPSs display.

I am sure there is a way to write a script to send a value to a virtual device with a few equations but I am just not smart enough

Workings in picture
Attached Images

Old March 25th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Super Seer

The values in devices from the plugin are as reported by the UPS, not derived. Some UPS devicesor drivers (NUT for example) do not all report the same values, making it tricky to have devices with derived values. As you say a script is best to approach this request.
Old March 30th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

Is it possible to get wattage value per outlet with this plugin?
Old March 30th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Seer

I am trying v3.3.0.0 on Linux (Pi) and see the icons still are referenced to empty status folder. The installation is not creating symlinks.
Old March 31st, 2018, 08:16 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatte View Post
I am trying v3.3.0.0 on Linux (Pi) and see the icons still are referenced to empty status folder. The installation is not creating symlinks.
It should create the icons and links, the scripts are in the beta current version 3.3.0.0 that supports Linux. It could be you tried a previous version with an existing plugin config file not triggering to create them uppon start. Try the following: stop the plugin, edit hspi_apcupsd.ini, remove the row with the gIconSet setting, save hspi_apcuspd.in and start the plugin. See if that fixes the problem.

Note: ensure you install version 3.3.0.0 found in the beta section of the updater.

Last edited by pcp; March 31st, 2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old March 31st, 2018, 08:36 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerguy View Post
Is it possible to get wattage value per outlet with this plugin?
What do you mean per outlet?
For the UPS as a whole, you could derive the wattage from other reported device values, assuming you specific UPS and driver interface (APCUPSD or NUT) reports the needed values.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:17 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
It should create the icons and links, the scripts are in the beta current version 3.3.0.0 that supports Linux. It could be you tried a previous version with an existing plugin config file not triggering to create them uppon start. Try the following: stop the plugin, edit hspi_apcupsd.ini, remove the row with the gIconSet setting, save hspi_apcuspd.in and start the plugin. See if that fixes the problem.

Note: ensure you install version 3.3.0.0 found in the beta section of the updater.
Yes, I was on 3.3.0.0 but had installed 3.2.0.5 first. There was no gIconSet row in the ini file. I deleted the instance and created a new one, and now the icons do show up.
Old June 12th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Seer Master

Newbie question: how do I trigger an event based on the "low battery" signal from the UPS? I know I can set triggers based on voltage, charge or load, but I like to keep it simple (and have all connected devices shutdown at the same time) by using the setting from the UPS.

The signal should be available, as the WinNUT client uses this value as well to shutdown the computer...

Thanks!
Old June 12th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefxx View Post
Newbie question: how do I trigger an event based on the "low battery" signal from the UPS? I know I can set triggers based on voltage, charge or load, but I like to keep it simple (and have all connected devices shutdown at the same time) by using the setting from the UPS.

The signal should be available, as the WinNUT client uses this value as well to shutdown the computer...

Thanks!
Are you using apcdupsd or NUT? I don’t recall NUT is sending such events and stored in a device. If you use APCUPSD your event trigger could check the value (string) of the status flag HS3 device for the selected UPS, checking that it containst the desired status flag (which is sent by the UPS via the apcupsd driver.
Old June 13th, 2018, 03:15 AM
Seer Master

I am using NUT. On other computers I use the WinNUT client and they are shutting down on the low battery signal, so I assume it must be possible.

I just ran a test, after remove the power from the UPS the Status changed from "On Power" to "On Battery". Great! Then, after 25 minutes the NAS started to shutdown based on the Low Battery signal from the UPS, and now the Status device changed from "On Battery" to "Charging"!!!!

Name:  LowBatteryCharging.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  24.0 KB

This looks like a bug. I was hoping it would change to "Low Battery" so I can set an event based on this device to shutdown HomeSeer and the computer...
Old June 13th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
I am using NUT. On other computers I use the WinNUT client and they are shutting down on the low battery signal, so I assume it must be possible.

I just ran a test, after remove the power from the UPS the Status changed from "On Power" to "On Battery". Great! Then, after 25 minutes the NAS started to shutdown based on the Low Battery signal from the UPS, and now the Status device changed from "On Battery" to "Charging"!!!!

Attachment 69327

This looks like a bug. I was hoping it would change to "Low Battery" so I can set an event based on this device to shutdown HomeSeer and the computer...
I will look into it and see if I can reproduce it. What could help me is enable debug/verbose debug in the plugin, redo the test you did and provide me with the plugin log file. Thanks
Old June 13th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
I will look into it and see if I can reproduce it. What could help me is enable debug/verbose debug in the plugin, redo the test you did and provide me with the plugin log file. Thanks
I will try to test again in the next few days, time permitting.

Thanks!
Old June 13th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Seer Master

I just had an opportunity to test again. See the logfile attached.

What I see in the log that the ups.status changes from "OL CHRG" to "OB DISCHRG" and finally to "FSD ALARM OB DISCHRG LB", and at that time the status device is being set to 3 (Setting Device Ref: 2040, Value: 3) which means "Charging. I guess it should be set to 4, "Low Battery".
Attached Files
File Type: zip hspi_apcupsd_debug.zip (53.1 KB, 3 views)
Old June 13th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
I just had an opportunity to test again. See the logfile attached.

What I see in the log that the ups.status changes from "OL CHRG" to "OB DISCHRG" and finally to "FSD ALARM OB DISCHRG LB", and at that time the status device is being set to 3 (Setting Device Ref: 2040, Value: 3) which means "Charging. I guess it should be set to 4, "Low Battery".
Thanks and will look at this!
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Super Seer

I had a quick look. The status ""FSD ALARM OB DISCHRG LB" in your case is different than what I saw in another. I will need to update the code to support this status string. I hope look at it more over the weekend.
Old June 14th, 2018, 01:11 AM
Seer Master

Great, thanks!
Old June 20th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Seer Master

Did you have any chance to look into this? I would really appreciate it!