www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Energy Management Plug-ins > Energy Management Discussion > APCUPSD Plugin (3P)

APCUPSD Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the APCUPSD UPS monitoring plugin.

Old June 20th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefxx View Post
Did you have any chance to look into this? I would really appreciate it!
Yes i did and started to make changes to add support for it but not yet ready for release/testing.
Old June 24th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Did you have any chance to look into this? I would really appreciate it!

I uploaded a new BETA version to address this and add two new triggers (for APCUPSD drivers). Unfortunately my NUT UPS devices to no send the same same string so could not full validate the low battery status change. Can you try it with your setup?

See https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...61&postcount=1 or PDF Documentation for change details.
Old June 24th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Seer Master

Thanks! I will run a new test in the next few days and let you know.
Old June 26th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Seer Master

Yes it works! Thanks a lot!
Old June 26th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Yes it works! Thanks a lot!
Thanks for the feadback and testing. I keep it Beta a bit longer before releasing it.
Old June 30th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djbower1 View Post
Just had a thought... The Watts calculation need to account for the input voltage change. My APC UPS wants to see 230v so if it see 237v then the nominal power is higher.

My UPS shows watts on the front LCD panels and using the Load % as the reference and the the math below it matches my UPSs display.

I am sure there is a way to write a script to send a value to a virtual device with a few equations but I am just not smart enough

Workings in picture

I posted a new Beta version a few minutes ago that adds a additional HS3 device capturing the computed Watts. IN case the UPS does not provide the nominal line voltage or power, two new configuration values per UPS in the plugin configuration page can provide these values. In some of my testing some UPS or driver (NUT in one of my case) do not provide the needed values to calculate the Watts value. In this case keeping it at 0.
Old June 30th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
I posted a new Beta version a few minutes ago that adds a additional HS3 device capturing the computed Watts. IN case the UPS does not provide the nominal line voltage or power, two new configuration values per UPS in the plugin configuration page can provide these values. In some of my testing some UPS or driver (NUT in one of my case) do not provide the needed values to calculate the Watts value. In this case keeping it at 0.
Thank works perfectly
Old July 2nd, 2018, 09:43 AM
Super Seer

I posted an additional Beta update which adds Energy API support for the recently added "Watts" HS3 devices.