This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TChambers View Post
    I'm having the same issue with the Insteon Plugin. I currently believe the Plugin issue is secondary to the hub dropping off the network, but I'm not sure what would cause the hub to disconnect nearly every day for the past several days. I discover it in this order:
    1. a device or event doesn't trigger an Insteon device
    2. check HS3 and find "WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port information on the Config page and restart HS."
    3. Check HS3 logs to see when the issue started (seems to vary)
    4. Ping my hub only to discover its not responding to Pings
    5. Cycle power on Hub to recover

It's all been flawless for a long time, how I have to reboot the hub every day. I'm trying various network configs to see if that has anything to do with it. are there any logs available from the hub itself (i.e. SSH)?
    there are no internal hub logs as far as i know; but maybe you can check the smarthome forums.

i noticed a network port reset function in the hub manual; something about pressing the set btn three times.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I had a similar problem to this. The Plugin would loose the connection to the hub and then not reconnect until restarting the plugin daily. I tried everything and couldn't find a way to prevent this or to get the plugin to restart on failure. I found several issues causing this and will list them here for you to see if they help.

All of these issue cause the same problem hub/network dropped killing the connection.

1. Power outages
      - i live in a rural and have 3 telephone poles from the main street to my house. Because of this i don't have the best power consistency. sometimes the wind would blow and the power would flicker. This cause the hub to restart. However my HS computer is on batteries it would stay up when then hub would reboot.

2. Hub was plugged into a Access point that was set to self heal on issues and reboot. As soon as they Access point would reboot HS noticed the hub was off networking and wouldn't connect till restarting the plug in. To fix this i added a new Ethernet line from my core network to that location one for the ap and one for the hub. instead of using the switch in the AP.

So basically if i found the hub lost power or network for any reason then the plugin would loose access until being restarted.
      Last edited by mnsandler; May 27, 2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Airey001 View Post
        I had a similar problem to this. The Plugin would loose the connection to the hub and then not reconnect until restarting the plugin daily. I tried everything and couldn't find a way to prevent this or to get the plugin to restart on failure. I found several issues causing this and will list them here for you to see if they help.

All of these issue cause the same problem hub/network dropped killing the connection.

1. Power outages
        - i live in a rural and have 3 telephone poles from the main street to my house. Because of this i don't have the best power consistency. sometimes the wind would blow and the power would flicker. This cause the hub to restart. However my HS computer is on batteries it would stay up when then hub would reboot.

2. Hub was plugged into a Access point that was set to self heal on issues and reboot. As soon as they Access point would reboot HS noticed the hub was off networking and wouldn't connect till restarting the plug in. To fix this i added a new Ethernet line from my core network to that location one for the ap and one for the hub. instead of using the switch in the AP.

So basically if i found the hub lost power or network for any reason then the plugin would loose access until being restarted.
        please checkout the event actions to enable the interface. when the plugin/interface shuts down (because of failed comm), you can re-enable it.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X