Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 plugin needed for DSC Touch SCW9067?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 plugin needed for DSC Touch SCW9067?

It looks like some of the newer panels such as the DSC Touch SCW9067 has Z-Wave built in "... to enable the most popular home automation technology on the market."

Does that mean that HS3 will interface to it without a plugin?

+1

Comment

I'd be curious about this. Just as an FYI, I suspect that it would be very similar to what Vivint/Go Control use and the zwave side of things and the sensors for the alarm do not communicate with each other. Meaning if a door sensor is tripped, you won't see it thru the zwave into HS. Also the alarm itself won't use zwave sensors and instead would be using wireless alarm sensors.

At least this is how Go Control does it, so when i was messing with this stuff, I eventually ripped it out since it didn't have any value.

Do you have any documentation/link you could share? I am interested.

Comment

+2, How are people integrating with the zwave+wifi+4g capable DSC alarm panels. I have moved all of my zwave an iQ devices from the DSC alarm panel to homeseer but now need to have the alarm integration also.

Comment

I am still using the 1836 alarm panel with the IT-100 interface. It has been bullet proof. I have no plans to change it.

- Robert

Comment

The DSC panel with Z-Wave looks like its an Alarm.com version and Alarm.com is supporting the Z-Wave. All certified Z-Wave products must support the ability to be a secondary on a Z-Wave network. So in theory you should be able to make the DSC panel a secondary on your HomeSeer system. This will allow the panel to control any devices on your HomeSeer system. Or, you can make HomeSeer a secondary to the panel, in which case HS can control any z-wave device added to the DSC panel.

However, in my experience, these alarm panels are not designed to work with other systems, so I bet you cannot get either of the above methods to work. And if you did, the panel probably has limited Z-Wave support so it probably won't be able to control any of your HS devices.

If you want HS to get access to your DSC non z-wave sensors, see if the panel supports the standard DSC protocol through an IT-100, then you can use our DSC plugin.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did a little research for you. It appears this device is NOT Z-Wave certified so its not going to be very compatible with any other system. Looking at the install guide, there is no way to add it (or be added) to other systems.

So this is standalone only.

Someone would have to contact DSC and see if this is all true, maybe they have an API, but I doubt it.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X