Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one set the remote on/ramp levels for HS?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does one set the remote on/ramp levels for HS?

Hello all,
    I am sure this is a stupid question but I can't seem to figure it out. I am in the process of moving over to all Insteon, and am trying to set my on and ramp levels by the controller. How do you set this in homeseer? I followed the instructions which I think are intended for say, another switch or a keypadlinc..What am I missing? I tried to put HS into "tap link" but it failed, as the switches were already registered..

Thanks in advance,

John

If you're talking about HS turning on/off a device with certain on/ramp levels, then the only way I know is to use an Insteon Group and then turn on/off the Group. I use Groups pretty extensively for this sort of thing.

Comment

i don't think the insteon plug-in supports this yet.

if you are willing to assign x10 addresses to the switches and add x10 devices to HS, you can use the smarthome switchlinc programmer plugin
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks guys,
        It's odd that you can't do it through HS. It does show the state of the current presets.
        MNSandler, you mentioned the swichlinc programmer plugin. I looked at that in the past but when I saw it involved X10 programming I didn't install it. I see it's your plugin, so does adding the X10 codes, allow you to set the on settings that are controlled with insteon commands? I don't understand why the X10 code is needed. Maybe I should install it and give it a try. Does doing this make the units send X10 commands every time they are used?

Rhughes1955, I haven't messed around much with scenes..Might also try that. I guess the "cheap and easy" way is to just put a dim level instead of an on command..

Thanks,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by jonjonbear View Post
          Thanks guys,
          It's odd that you can't do it through HS. It does show the state of the current presets.
          MNSandler, you mentioned the swichlinc programmer plugin. I looked at that in the past but when I saw it involved X10 programming I didn't install it. I see it's your plugin, so does adding the X10 codes, allow you to set the on settings that are controlled with insteon commands? I don't understand why the X10 code is needed. Maybe I should install it and give it a try. Does doing this make the units send X10 commands every time they are used?

Thanks,
          John
          my plugin uses x10 cmd sequences to set the on-level and ramp rates of the devices, thus each insteon device needs an x10 addr in order to get programmed.

I need to check to see if the following actually works: "Once set, the on-levels are used by insteon. for example, if you set the on-level to 75% and then send an On cmd via the insteon hs device, the device will come on at 75%."

The device will send x10 cmds if you press the switch manually.

Jon may be adding this programming feature to the plugin in the future, but not sure when (i am sure he has a lot of requests at this point).
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Check out the Insteon Explorer at http://www.forefronttechnologiesinc....steonExplorer/

It allows you to setup local ramp and on rates...
            Billy

Comment

Working...
            X