Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good Mark! I now see the heartbeat channel and it already updated.

Thanks!
    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kevini View Post
      Looks good Mark! I now see the heartbeat channel and it already updated.

Thanks!
      Kevin
      Kevin, thanks again for the feedback.

This was a tricky one; smarthome has two different versions of the latest open/close sensor with a heartbeat. I have the other version which is a DeviceType=1009, FirmwareVer=3D
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have two of these TriggerLinc (aka open/close) sensors that register as devicetype=1002 and firmware=40. When I first add them they work (battery device so push set button, green blinking, add via Mark's Add Device option) After some time or possibly some event (PLM power cycle?), they simply stop reporting. I can open/close my garage fridge and freezer that I have them on (to keep track of people not closing them properly) and see the green LED blink on open and close. This happens both right after adding them when they are working and also later after the reports to HS3 stop. After they stop reporting, I change the single AA battery, no effect. I put them in linking mode and use the plugin to test communication. 19 or 20 results are successful. While the device is still in linking mode, I read links and it comes back with the two links for open/close and heartbeat. Yet, I still can't get it to resume reporting those open / close / heartbeat events to HS3. The only fix that seems to work is to delete them from HS3, and then go back through the adding device sequence. After that, they work again. Of course I have to go update all my events related to them as the underlying device id has changed.

If we have these older triggerlinc devices, are we simply stuck? I can only assume this is somehow an issue between the device and my PLM so perhaps this means firmware 40 is crap? I'd rather not shell out another $35 each ($100 for 3) to replace them just to get them working due to a better/newer firmware

Any options?

Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
          I have two of these TriggerLinc (aka open/close) sensors that register as devicetype=1002 and firmware=40. When I first add them they work (battery device so push set button, green blinking, add via Mark's Add Device option) After some time or possibly some event (PLM power cycle?), they simply stop reporting. I can open/close my garage fridge and freezer that I have them on (to keep track of people not closing them properly) and see the green LED blink on open and close. This happens both right after adding them when they are working and also later after the reports to HS3 stop. After they stop reporting, I change the single AA battery, no effect. I put them in linking mode and use the plugin to test communication. 19 or 20 results are successful. While the device is still in linking mode, I read links and it comes back with the two links for open/close and heartbeat. Yet, I still can't get it to resume reporting those open / close / heartbeat events to HS3. The only fix that seems to work is to delete them from HS3, and then go back through the adding device sequence. After that, they work again. Of course I have to go update all my events related to them as the underlying device id has changed.

If we have these older triggerlinc devices, are we simply stuck? I can only assume this is somehow an issue between the device and my PLM so perhaps this means firmware 40 is crap? I'd rather not shell out another $35 each ($100 for 3) to replace them just to get them working due to a better/newer firmware

Any options?

Nathan
          Nathan,

sounds like maybe the links in the plm are getting lost. the next time this happens, put the sensor into linking mode, and use the 'program device for homeseer' and see if this fixes it. this rebuilds the links in the plm as well.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark. That is one of the steps I did try today before I resorted to the destructive delete then "add device" It's really strange that when it's not reporting status (no open/close/heartbeat) that I can put it into linking mode and use the plugin to test communications, read links, program for homeseer and all those functions report that they were successful but still the issue remains that no reporting is done. I did even try the plugin option to tap-add the device but them my PLM went unresponsive and had to unplug/replug it and restart the plugin.

Next time one or both go unresponsive I will first try the reprogram option and I'll see if I can't turn up debugging to see the communication that is (or isn't) coming into the plugin for these on/off devices.

BTW, I am on the release version 3.0.6.0 of your plugin. I see 3.0.6.38 in the beta updater but don't have any reason to try that unless there's something in there you think might help.
            Nathan
            Last edited by nfrobertson; June 16, 2018, 08:12 PM. Reason: added plugin version
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
            Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
            Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
            Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
            http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
              Thanks Mark. That is one of the steps I did try today before I resorted to the destructive delete then "add device" It's really strange that when it's not reporting status (no open/close/heartbeat) that I can put it into linking mode and use the plugin to test communications, read links, program for homeseer and all those functions report that they were successful but still the issue remains that no reporting is done. I did even try the plugin option to tap-add the device but them my PLM went unresponsive and had to unplug/replug it and restart the plugin.

Next time one or both go unresponsive I will first try the reprogram option and I'll see if I can't turn up debugging to see the communication that is (or isn't) coming into the plugin for these on/off devices.

BTW, I am on the release version 3.0.6.0 of your plugin. I see 3.0.6.38 in the beta updater but don't have any reason to try that unless there's something in there you think might help.
              Nathan
              the on/off/heartbeat are broadcast msgs and the links on both ends must be in place for the plm to receive them. the comm test uses direct msgs which have a source and dest built in.

a second option is the reset and reprogram on the plm
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X