This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon HUB/HS3 scene/group overlap

Sorry if this is an old question, this section of the message board is large.

I'm using an Insteon HUB (2245-222) with HS3. Prior to using HS3 I created some scenes using the HUB's iPhone app. I just created my first HS3 group and it appears that turning on the HS3 group also fires off a different old scene defined in the HUB. I assume I have overlapping scene/groups...

Was I supposed "read" in the HUB's scenes before creating HS3 groups in the plug-in? I see a few utility functions in the plug-in config, not clear if I should have used one of them to synchronize the HUB and the plug-in's database.

the plugin doesn't read anything in the hub written by the insteon app.

if you don't use the insteon app anymore, the easiest thing at this point is to run the reset and reprogram from the plugin. this will clear the hub database and reprogram only what the plugin needs.

otherwise you will need to go into the insteon app and delete the scene you don't want.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the info and quick response. I'll clear out my HUB defined scenes and move them to HS3.

Two more things:

-I created a group because I couldn't find a way to specify ramp rate when creating an event that triggers a dimmer switch. Did I miss something?

-I bought some old ICON dimmers (Models: 2876DB) on eBay. Can I switch out the HUB and use a different controller that can integrate them into HS3?

Comment

there is a insteon action called "light on at ramp rate" that you can use for a single device. Use a group if you want to control multiple devices at once.

the plugin supports icon dimmers and it doesn't matter what controller you use. it will work with the hub.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

the plugin supports icon dimmers and it doesn't matter what controller you use. it will work with the hub.
          I have not been able to add the Icon dimmer via tap. I assume that was due to incompatibility with the hub. Based on your info, maybe its the lack of RF support or a power line issue.

Is it worth removing it from the wall to read the ID and then attempt adding it by ID?

Comment

Originally posted by krh1009 View Post
            I have not been able to add the Icon dimmer via tap. I assume that was due to incompatibility with the hub. Based on your info, maybe its the lack of RF support or a power line issue.

Is it worth removing it from the wall to read the ID and then attempt adding it by ID?

you should be able to register the switch manually once you get the id. enable plugin detailed logging before you start so if you have problems you can post the log snippet of the transaction so i can see what is happening.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Following up on my original questions:

1) I have a harmony universal remote that can also control an insteon hub. I want to create a few scenes using the IOS app in the hub to set my home theater lighting. This willow me to control lights from the handheld remote.

In the past, when I created scenes/groups in both the hub and the plug-in it resulted in an overlap where the hub scene and a different (unrelated) plug-in scene would be triggered at the same time. e.g. turning on plug-in Bathroom scene A, would also trigger hub kitchen scene C.

Is there a way to have scenes defined in both hub and plug-in without a collision/overlap?

2) I'm still trying to add the older Icon dimmer switches to my system. I can not add them them via set button method. There is no ID printed on the body of switch. Is there another way to get the switch ID?

Comment

i dont have any suggestions regarding the scene issue. the plugin doesn't read anything from the hub created but the app.

as for the icon, if you turn it on/off manually do you see anything in the hs log? you can determine the insteon id from log msgs.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X