Format for Alternate Voice Command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Format for Alternate Voice Command?

Just once, it would be nice if a feature of HS3 worked the first time you attempt it, especially when using video guide/instructions provided on website....

I have the HomeSeer Home Automation Skill installed (its the one where you have to say "Alexa, tell homeseer to..."

I have a Device Group for all my den lights. I have added the phrase "Den Lights" to the Voice Command field in the Configuration tab.

When I give the command: "Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to turn on Den Lights", it promply responds "That Device was not found".

Can someone please point me to documentation for how one is supposed to set this up to actually work...

Sorry for my tone, but I'm beyond frustrated...

The way it should work is to enable voice command on the device and optionally enter a different name in the voice command

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1197387

In the above screenshot, voice command is enabled. With this enabled Echo should discover the device and you will see it in the Alexa app or webpage. If the voice command field is blank, echo will respond to DirecTV TV. I entered Media Room TV so that Echo will respond to that name instead of the device name.

If you look in your Alexa App under Smart Home you will see all the devices that are discovered and the name they will respond to. You cannot have duplicate names.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

think I figured it out...

Turns out the source of my frustration was myself...

the voice command field is for the *other* Alexa app.

But the big issue was that I didn't have voice enabled... I must have disabled at some point...

Comment

For straight on/off commands, I never use the Alexa "tell homeseer". Instead, I just tell Alexa directly to turn on/off the device.
        If I want to run a script, then I use the Alexa "tell homeseer" (Homeseer Automation skill) along with Jon's helper script.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
        X