Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.0.6.39 have to restart plug-in at least 2 times a day...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.0.6.39 have to restart plug-in at least 2 times a day...

Hi Mark, I am working a really weird problem with Insteon that I'm hoping you can help me troubleshoot.

Around 2 times a day I find that none of my devices work. All sensors do though. So all of my motions report in and show status but none of my switches do. As soon as I restart your plugin the devices work again.

This is version: 3.0.6.39

There are zero log errors. In fact, while in this failure mode if I issue a light on command, it is logged as having been done.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

what interface are you using? 2413S, 2413U, Hub?

can you create a few events using the insteon Interface triggers with an email action and see if they every fire
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sorry I had copied that info to put in my post then promptly forgot to do it. :/

It's a 2413U

RF PLM contacted on COM3 with an Insteon address of 44.86.43 and firmware version 9E

Will do the email events and report back on the next failure.
      Last edited by codemonkey; July 14, 2018, 06:05 PM.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

One more thought, can you associate these outages with anything else going on in the house? appliances running, fluorescent lights one, etc

look for messages in the hs log that the plugin shut itself down; this will fire one of the triggers i mentioned.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

There is a chance that this is a thermal related issue. We've had several very hot days where the room that the PLM is in was nearly 90 f. Yesterday the temp was lower and since my post it has not yet failed. First time in over a week.

I looked for device patterns as you suggested, but the last successful devices change seems to be fairly random.

The part that's odd though is that usually when your plug in sends a command, if it doesn't get a response it will reflect that in the logs. In this case when it is failed, I see the log entry for the device being told to change and no error. Even though homeseer does not show the device status as having been changed.

I have triggers set to let me know if your plug-in crashes or shuts down. The next time it fails I'll know if they fire.

Regards,
          Tony

Comment

Working...
          X