This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execute an URL Command with homeseer

I want to control my mediacenter software plex with homeseer.
    it has an built-in web-interface and you can send the command "up"
    by writing

192.168.0.1:32400/system/players/192.168.0.1/navigation/moveUp

whats to do for sending this command via pressing a button in homesser?

I would like to do without a extern script, because there are more commands I have to send, like play, pause, up, down...

It seems that noone knows or uses plex in combination with homeseer. Thats why I do not found anything to make it work.

You will have to use a scripting command, whether you do it as a single line script or a larger script is a matter for yourself - just keep in mind if you have 10 events with 10 single line script commands in then what happens if your IP address changes? It is going to be a time consuming process to change all of those values, that is why it is better sometimes to use a script and have one variable to hold things like IP addresses.

Take a look in the help file for hs.URLAction or hs.getURL, you should be able to get it working with a command like this.

&hs.GetURL("192.168.0.1","/system/players/192.168.0.1/navigation/moveUp",TRUE,32400)

There is nothing stopping you building a bigger script with play/pause/stop commands in and then passing a parameter to this script to say what you want.

Comment

thank you very very very much
      works perfectly and is exactly what i needed

Comment

Working...
      X