Greenwave powernode 6 KW/h and watts are mixed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenwave powernode 6 KW/h and watts are mixed up

Well i included my powernode 6 and it created 19 child devices. So far so good.
    Got 6 sets of a binary switch, a watts meter and a KW/hours meter.
    However the KW/hours meter is showing the actual watts used at that moment. e.g a device is reporting to use 97watts (checked with a separate meter) and it shows as "96,600 kW Hours Used" and when i switch of the outlet the total drops to 0
    Everything seems to point out to that the KW/hours and watts are mixed up. This is with every one of the 6 outlets.
    How can i fix this or is a zwave plugin update needed?

Im running HS3pro with the 3.0.0.136 zwave plugin.

This is coming from a novice - it sounds like there may be a problem in the Z-Wave lookup for the device. I would just change the child label names to reflect the true functions, until there is another fix.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thats possible but the thing is that there is a button "Reset Accumulated Values" on the KW/h meter. And now its not counting anything because the watts aren't running
      Im yet to find out if its possible to change the device type from watts to KW/h counter

edit:
      The childs seem to have the wrong meter scales... the actual watts have scale "Accumulated kWh" and the KW/h has "Instantaneous Watts"
      Last edited by The-Source; July 6, 2014, 06:10 AM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Not sure if this will help. There was a bug # r556 with said device in Open ZWave and the fix was posted named r558. Note too I do not know anything about the device.

https://code.google.com/p/open-zwave.../detail?r=558#
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I was researching HS3's compatibility of 1-port Greenwave PowerNode, but I couldn't find the definitive answer and this thread came up a lot during search... so after getting a few myself and testing them: I can confirm that they work in HS3.

I had to change the poll interval (default was 0) to start getting energy usage updates, but other than that everything just work.

I had mine connected to a UZB controller (I'm in 220v country) and there are 2 other US Z-trollers too in my HS3 server. They all work side by side with no issues.

I picked up my PowerNodes (and a bunch of other stuff) from http://www.m.nu , they sell the 220-240v (euro frequency) and ships internationally. Very good service~!
          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Greenwave PowerNode Polling

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
            I was researching HS3's compatibility of 1-port Greenwave PowerNode, but I couldn't find the definitive answer and this thread came up a lot during search... so after getting a few myself and testing them: I can confirm that they work in HS3.

I had to change the poll interval (default was 0) to start getting energy usage updates, but other than that everything just work.

I had mine connected to a UZB controller (I'm in 220v country) and there are 2 other US Z-trollers too in my HS3 server. They all work side by side with no issues.

I picked up my PowerNodes (and a bunch of other stuff) from http://www.m.nu , they sell the 220-240v (euro frequency) and ships internationally. Very good service~!
            Which Poll Interval did you change and to what value?
            I have a couple of these, but encounter an issue where the PowerNode LED flashes. Very annoying when one is in the bedroom.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X