Arduino Plugin For Linux (Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Plugin For Linux (Beta)

The Arduino Plugin for Linux is in the Beta section of the updater.

The only connection method supported is Ethernet. This is the only limitation.

Please leave any comments or problems with this in this thread.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Hi Greg,
    In the beta part of the updater you have version .82 - is it backward compatible ? (and rather stable?)

and is there a change log I can read before I install?
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Default State when connection errors

Hi Greg,
      I installed the .84 version and if I understand your active pin correct, it can be used. But would I be possible to also create a "default" value on each digital output pin -and then if "default=active" or something - then arduino sketch would set the output to the default state if connection was lost?
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Will any Ethernet shield work? Is any particular model better than another?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonCreager View Post
          Will any Ethernet shield work? Is any particular model better than another?
          The standard Wiznet W5100 is the one you are after. The MiNi ENC28J60 will not work as it uses a different library.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Thanks.

I'm thinking about grabbing one of these
            http://amzn.com/B00AXVX5D0

Comment

Originally posted by JasonCreager View Post
              Thanks.

I'm thinking about grabbing one of these
              http://amzn.com/B00AXVX5D0
              Yep that should do you just fine.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll be ordering a few more on the slow boat from China, but for now, that and some 1-Wire temperature sensors will get me up and running.

Comment

Not possible to choose API mode

When adding a new board i cannot see an option to make it API mode. Is this mode supported for the Linux version (for my home troller-sel?)

Thanks

Comment

Error

Installing on a new Linux build. Any idea why I am getting this error?

Error downloading file: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

Comment

ERROR???

Error downloading file: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

Is this a setup issue on my end or on the Homeseer server side?

ANYONE???

Comment

Originally posted by mlconti View Post

Is this a setup issue on my end or on the Homeseer server side?

ANYONE???
                        Ok If i remember correct this is a problem on the Linux build of Homeseer. I will see if I can find Thread with the fix and will post it here.

Greig.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

The problem is that mono does not have any CA certs trusted by default.

To get all the CA certs without the hassle of typing yes for each I used the command

Code:
                          mozroots --import --sync
                          This should fix it for you.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                            The problem is that mono does not have any CA certs trusted by default.

To get all the CA certs without the hassle of typing yes for each I used the command

Code:
                            mozroots --import --sync
                            This should fix it for you.

Greig.

Greig,

I am not sure I understand the code, I get either mozroots command not found , or import not understood. This is on a Debian version 8 build. Sorry, as I said in a [previous post i am very green in the linux world.

Comment

Originally posted by mlconti View Post
                              Greig,

I am not sure I understand the code, I get either mozroots command not found , or import not understood. This is on a Debian version 8 build. Sorry, as I said in a [previous post i am very green in the linux world.
                              No problems. I to do not know anything about Linux but converted the plugin to run on a PI.
                              see here for info on your error.
                              I am sorry I can not help you further but someone on the board will help get you going.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Working...
                              X