Aeotec Wallmote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Wallmote

I bought an Aeotec Wallmote (z130). I've jacked with this thing for over an hour. It included just fine using the homeseer ZNet. The thing is unreliable as all get out.

Pressing the button remotes are hit or miss. It might turn the light on immediately, it might turn on 10 seconds later, or it might never turn on. The dimmer function doesn't work at all.

Any advice?

I might have one of the new versions of the hardware mentioned in another thread. So far, with just initial testing I have had two which seem to be working well. No delay when toggling lights. It isn't reporting battery, showing 0% right after charge, but power management notification might be working. No option for dimming sliding control. Can't be sure it's all good yet until I do more testing, and see how the battery lasts.

Comment

Those things look nice!

Comment

I purchased the quad model a week ago and when adding it (secure or unsecure) it only shows as 4 on/off switches.

I have tried to manually create associations to get the swipe/dimming function to work but only the button presses work via this method.

Looking at other forums such as vera/fibaro it seems the swiping to control dimmer function does work so there must be something missing in the HS zwave plugin that is not detecting this capability of the wallmote.

Has anyone managed to get the dimming function working in HS for this product?

Comment

I have had many problems with these wallmotes like @dmcentire had in this thread (https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=187553).

Turns out to be a hardware problem and I was able to RMA the device for a new one, which is kind of functioning better. No more random flashing lights or lockups but it is a bit laggy.

The old one had a 'central scene' device associated with it. The new one only has a battery and 4 switch devices. But I might try and add it as non-secure.

Also a funny thing I noticed is that if you have an event that trigger on a button press (switch) the event is triggered 5 times. As if the status of the device is rapidly changing.

I have some 'debugging' work to do.

Marty.
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

New HW Version Versus Old?

I just ordered a Wallmote from Amazon. How do I determine if it is the new version of hardware?

If I can't determine it, I'll cancel the order.

Model # ZW130-A New or Old?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
              I just ordered a Wallmote from Amazon. How do I determine if it is the new version of hardware?

If I can't determine it, I'll cancel the order.

Model # ZW130-A New or Old?

Thanks,

Jim
              Cancelled my order. Not taking a chance on $60 product.

Comment

Personally, I like these. http://amzn.to/2E9kjbe Not as pretty, but wall mountable with a small bracket. At least 16 unique button presses with a possibility of 32.

I have three lying around the house.

Comment

I have to concur....i wish i had come across this thread earlier.
                  Do not purchase as they will not work!!!

Comment

Firstly, these wallmotes are a little finicky and I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I have sent one back (RMA) due to a possible hardware bug...see above. The replacement one functions most of the time. But after a while (a day or so) it becomes laggy. You press the button and it beeps but nothing happens, and then you press it again and then it responds. Then it is very responsive for a while before becoming laggy again.. Almost like it enters a sleep mode, which I know is not a feature. It's only a few meters away from my z-stick.

With respect to the dimming/swiping, I recall it is disabled by default. You have to adjust one of the parameters. I haven't turned it on myself, but it would be worth reading the manual and checking which parameter needs to be changed.

Marty

Originally posted by venno View Post
                    I purchased the quad model a week ago and when adding it (secure or unsecure) it only shows as 4 on/off switches.

I have tried to manually create associations to get the swipe/dimming function to work but only the button presses work via this method.

Looking at other forums such as vera/fibaro it seems the swiping to control dimmer function does work so there must be something missing in the HS zwave plugin that is not detecting this capability of the wallmote.

Has anyone managed to get the dimming function working in HS for this product?
                    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I just received one. I am controlling different lights. I'd like to 'link Devices.' From the Wallmote, I can link the light, but from the light it doesn't show the Wallmote as an option to link to. Can this be done?

Comment

IF Remotec ZRC90-1 ZRC90-1 had its value set to Scene 001 Key Pressed
                        AND IF 2nd Floor Master BR Master BR Lamp Module1 has a value equal to Off
                        Then
                        Set Device 2nd Floor Master BR Master BR Lamp Module1 to On

Comment

Duh. Makes sense

Thanks!

Comment

Wallmote ZW130-A Included as non-secure

I purchased my Wallmote ZW130 on Amazon. Turns out it is a ZW130-A. I have no idea the version of its firmware. I am trying to use it with Homeseer and z-net. It did not successfully include as a secure node. I tried several times and it did something different each time. Finally, after reading some of these posts, I tried including it non-secure. That time it was successful. The interface created seven devices, including four switches. These switches show up in the log as changing from Off to On but the triggers just say Custom value. I found that 0 works for Off and 50 to 100 works for On. We have only had it 2 days so I do not know about its reliability or how long a battery charge lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by leerobinson View Post
                              I purchased my Wallmote ZW130 on Amazon. Turns out it is a ZW130-A. I have no idea the version of its firmware. I am trying to use it with Homeseer and z-net. It did not successfully include as a secure node. I tried several times and it did something different each time. Finally, after reading some of these posts, I tried including it non-secure. That time it was successful. The interface created seven devices, including four switches. These switches show up in the log as changing from Off to On but the triggers just say Custom value. I found that 0 works for Off and 50 to 100 works for On. We have only had it 2 days so I do not know about its reliability or how long a battery charge lasts.
                              Thought I'd add my experience with wallmote quad.
                              So far, it only works as other has found, in 4 switches. Even if you enable the parameter for swipe.

So long as a user taps (and doesn't drag his/her finger) the on/off toggle works fine and fairly quickly for me (HS3PRO on my Win10 system).

Battery with minimal use seems to last a long time... however, I still don't have a functioning battery guage on HS3... I haven't tried putting it back on in non-secure mode yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X