Pushing event to phone issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushing event to phone issues

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 8.0.0. I have set up tasker, autoremote on my phone as well as tasker within HS. I have enabled tasker in the accessibility options. Now I wrote a test event on my phone to turn a light on in the house. It works when connected to the home network or outside the home network. So there isn't any connectivity issues between the two devices. However when I try to say "Control - Send Text Popup" of some random characters I get an autoremote message pop up on the bottom of my phone:

"Received Message from
    Unknown: Text: "ref=1222
    popup=:=test"
    Password: "1234"

I made up the password...but it's the same password within autoremote as I set up in the HS tasker setup for the device.

Any idea why autoremote event won't trigger tasker?

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 8.0.0. I have set up tasker, autoremote on my phone as well as tasker within HS. I have enabled tasker in the accessibility options. Now I wrote a test event on my phone to turn a light on in the house. It works when connected to the home network or outside the home network. So there isn't any connectivity issues between the two devices. However when I try to say "Control - Send Text Popup" of some random characters I get an autoremote message pop up on the bottom of my phone:

"Received Message from
    Unknown: Text: "ref=1222
    popup=:=test"
    Password: "1234"

I made up the password...but it's the same password within autoremote as I set up in the HS tasker setup for the device.

Any idea why autoremote event won't trigger tasker?
    Hi Conrad, check that you have Allow External Access in MISC tab, also make sure that you have exit tasker after importing the projectfiles. Check that Tasker is not set to sleep in android battery settings. Also make sure that you have a task named POPUP
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
      Hi Conrad, check that you have Allow External Access in MISC tab, also make sure that you have exit tasker after importing the projectfiles. Check that Tasker is not set to sleep in android battery settings. Also make sure that you have a task named POPUP
      I do have it set to allow external access in misc tab, also set to "unmonitored apps" in the battery settings so they can use as much power and the app power monitor will not stop it. This is for Tasker and Autoremote both. There is a task named POPUP within HS3 addons, when I run it, it comes up with "%par2" as the popup. So all is well there.

The only question I have is this:

make sure that you have exit tasker after importing the projectfiles
      Can you clarify? As this may be the source of my problem.

Comment

Can you clarify? As this may be the source of my problem.
        Every time when changes are done in tasker you may exit or force the save process. In later tasker releases there is also a apply changes button that can be used. One more thing to check under Android settings / Accessibility where you will find Tasker, make sure it's turned on.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
          Every time when changes are done in tasker you may exit or force the save process. In later tasker releases there is also a apply changes button that can be used. One more thing to check under Android settings / Accessibility where you will find Tasker, make sure it's turned on.
          Ah yes any changes I have made I have exited out of tasker and gone back in to ensure those changes were made. I have checked under Accessibility and yes Tasker is enabled.

It's odd as I can create a test event in Tasker:

Variable Set
          Name: %HSSetdevice value To 99
          Variable Set
          Name: %HsRef To 146

And it will turn on the lights in the loft, however from within the Homeseer Webcontrol if I try to Vibrate, Home, Send text popup, I just get a Autoremote message on the bottom of my phone that I mentioned earlier. It won't actually trigger a task. So it seems like it's an issue with Autoremote communicating with Tasker on my phone, while it seems to be fine going the other way, from Tasker through Autoremote to my HS system. Does this make sense?

Comment

Any idea? It feels as if it's an Autoremote communicating with Tasker issue to me?

Comment

Any idea? It feels as if it's an Autoremote communicating with Tasker issue to me?
              Hello,

Do you have an older phone to test with? Otherwise it may be the Android version and phone not being rooted. Not sure but I pass it on to Tony.

Eman
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I've been so busy this year but finally had a chance to play with this...I was using an old version of tasker...which must not have wanted to cooperate with the latest version of Android on my phone. Now that it's updated it seems to be working just fine.

Comment

Working...
                X