Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLCBUS Dimmer in HSTouch

Hello,

I'm just starting to create my HSTouch screens and have found a an issue with the behaviour of PLCBUS dimmers. Using ON/OFF buttons with PLCBUS dimmers don't take into account what the dimmer % is actualy set to.

Example:
    1. Set dimmer to 50%
    2. Turn dimmer off
    3. Turn dimmer on
    4. hSTouch will show dimmer at 100%

Did i configure it wrong? (Status tracking set to the plcbus dimmer address).
    Is the value of dimming level stored somewhere else?
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

This is not a bug. HomeSeer and the PLCBUS plugin have no way to know what is the actual dim level after a "ON" command.

The only way to know would be to POLL the device after a few seconds (it can take a few seconds to be at the programmed level... because of the ramp rate).

I don't have HomeSeer Touch, but maybe you could send PRESET-DIM commands instead of ON commands.

Best regards,
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
      This is not a bug. HomeSeer and the PLCBUS plugin have no way to know what is the actual dim level after a "ON" command.

The only way to know would be to POLL the device after a few seconds (it can take a few seconds to be at the programmed level... because of the ramp rate).

I don't have HomeSeer Touch, but maybe you could send PRESET-DIM commands instead of ON commands.

Best regards,
      When you send the dimming command via system sliders (or hstouch), doesn't that send out the dimming value? Can you save that value to the device, so it can be read when TURN ON is used on that device?
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

No it's not possible. And if it was possible, nothing could prevent the user from changing the dim level at the physical switch, and HomeSeer would then show a wrong value.

To solve your problem, you should create a HS-Touch button with a "ON" label, connected to a PlcBus Preset-Dim command with a specific brightness level.

--> use DIM 100% (or any other value) instead of ON.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
          No it's not possible. And if it was possible, nothing could prevent the user from changing the dim level at the physical switch, and HomeSeer would then show a wrong value.

To solve your problem, you should create a HS-Touch button with a "ON" label, connected to a PlcBus Preset-Dim command with a specific brightness level.

--> use DIM 100% (or any other value) instead of ON.
          Okay, thanks.
          BTW, any updates on the 'remove on devices from scene' bug?

Comment

Working...
          X