No announcement yet.

How do I get Serial/COM working on the GC100 with HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Roomie for most of my controls since it ties directly into any GC devices, so I don't have to deal with the delay of Homeseer (my server is oooolllldd).

I am however trying to have it control my Onkyo receiver, but that (so far) seems to crash the plugin (probably because commands aren't correct).

Any tips for me on this?

Comment

Originally posted by rjdevries View Post
      I use Roomie for most of my controls since it ties directly into any GC devices, so I don't have to deal with the delay of Homeseer (my server is oooolllldd).

I am however trying to have it control my Onkyo receiver, but that (so far) seems to crash the plugin (probably because commands aren't correct).

Any tips for me on this?
      I have a Pioneer Elite receiver for which there is a published spec, which is nice. I seem to recall that others have mentioned that the Onkyo ones are good too.

For the Pioneer I have to send the commands as type C-Escaped, with a trailing \r at the end of the command. e.g. the Zone 1 Volume Up command is "VU", so I send "VU\r" without the quotes.

Hope that helps
      cheeryfool

Comment

Need Clarification on this solution

Originally posted by rjdevries View Post
        @cheeryfool,

Amazing, it works like a charm, and is soooo easy to use!
        It took me a second to realize the plugin just shows up as a drop down under the Events, but once I did, testing was done in about 3 seconds...

You can simply access the GC100 serial port as an IP device, and it works, screenshots below.
        While I am fairly new to this plugin, I am in the middle of transitioning away from a server (PC) based solution where the PC had to be up and running , I decided to migrate to the HomeSeer approach so my HTPC can stuff in standby until needed.

I initially was using drule's plugin b/c I was wanting IP or Serial control of my Denon 3808ci on my HTPC via Event Ghost.. I am currently successful of controlling it via IP via this plugin.

I picked upi a GC-100-12 from ebay to have one device to take care of IR, relay, and IR. After purchasing the GC PRO plugin for HS3 only to realize too late that it doesn't control the Serial Ports via the plugin only the IR and RELAY.... $$ wasted Argh...

My intent /hope was when I enabled the GC PRO plugin and the GC-100 my Serial ports would be shown. Now going back to this thread, I am seeing somehow you can control the GC-100 via drule's plugin, but I am using a HomeTroller Zee S2 with HS3pi and the Serial tab doesn't show up in the plugin. Per the screen shots above, I am not clear on how to access which Serial Port, which for me one is going to my Denon, one is going to my projector via RS232.

How does this work? What I am missing from a config to make the Serial ports of the GC-100 show up? I have added it to a the "connections" but no Serial.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks,

KeyMix

Current Date/Time: 12/11/2017 7:03:49 PM
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
        Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 19 Minutes 56 Seconds
        IP Address: 192.168.1.64
        Number of Devices: 10
        Number of Events: 5
        Available Threads: 393

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.45.0: BLDenon
        0.0.0.28: drhsIpPlugIn
        5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
        3.0.0.28: MediaController
        3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Comment

Working...