This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howto display camera overlay in Kodi/XBMC

1. Download attached zip (it's an addon script found here )
    script.securitycam.zip

2. Install the script in Kodi/XBMC:
    • Go to System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from Zip file
    • Browse to wherever you have downloaded the zip file
    • Click on zip file and it will install

3. Configure the addon by going to System > Settings > Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons > Program Add-ons > Securty Cam Overlay > Configure
    • Set your camera snapshot url in the Image Url Click image for larger version

Name:	securitycamoverlayconfig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1207690

• Modify other settings in behavior tab (width, height, refresh interval, etc...)

4. Finally, to let HS trigger the display of the camera in Kodi, create an XBMC Action of type "Execute Addon" with the Addon ID = script.securitycam

Click image for larger version

Name:	securitycamoverlayaction.jpg
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1207689Click image for larger version

Name:	securitycamoverlaydemo.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1207691
    Last edited by spud; March 22, 2015, 05:21 PM.

How can you call 2 distinct cameras?

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
      How can you call 2 distinct cameras?
      attached to this post are some zips that will allow you to configure a second and third camera by installing the same addon again under a different name.

then in HS action use the Addon ID: script.securitycam2 and script.securitycam3
      Attached Files

Comment

That is awesome! Thanks!

I actually need 10 of them and don't need you working on remedial items for a noob.

Do I just need to edit the 'addon.xml' file in the zip to generate unique instances?

Comment

in addon.xml , modify id and name:

Code:
          <addon id="script.securitycam3"
                 name="Security Cam Overlay 3"
                 version="0.1.0"
                 provider-name="Ryan Melena">
          and in default.py, modify ADD_ON_ID

Code:
          ADD_ON_ID = 'script.securitycam3'

Comment

Thank you so much, you addon and advice are much appreciated.

Comment

once again awesome addition

Thanks again SPUD
              HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for this thread and addon, I noticed something recently.

When using this addon in Kodi, it pops up and then quickly disappears. Changing the behavior to not auto close, and adjusting the time limit doesn't help.

It is almost like it is a display/ refresh issue. The entire window disappears and sometimes doesn't even show up.

I noticed this since Kodi 15.1 currently I am on 15.2 RC2 (or maybe RC3). Just wondering what versions you guys are using this successfully in?

BTW this is installed on windows 8.0

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                  Hi,

Thanks for this thread and addon, I noticed something recently.

When using this addon in Kodi, it pops up and then quickly disappears. Changing the behavior to not auto close, and adjusting the time limit doesn't help.

It is almost like it is a display/ refresh issue. The entire window disappears and sometimes doesn't even show up.

I noticed this since Kodi 15.1 currently I am on 15.2 RC2 (or maybe RC3). Just wondering what versions you guys are using this successfully in?

BTW this is installed on windows 8.0
                  I am the author of the Kodi addon in question. If you (or anyone else) are having issues with the addon I suggest checking out the official thread on the Kodi forums to get support.

Comment

IP Cam

Hi all,

This is to notify you that there is new SecuriCam script here :https://www.tvaddons.ag/kodi-addons/show/script.ipcam/
                    It's so super easy to use. Just add your camera url with no parameters :- rtsp/http and you are ready to go. You just run the steams from your camera/s. To use with Spud's plugin even sweeter
                    To create more cameras just rename the script to script.ipcam1,.............

Below is the image for the event I tested.

Eman.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Eman; September 16, 2017, 02:24 AM.
                    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

This is really sweet, guys! Is it possible with the Kodi plugin to have an event put multiple cam streams overlayed onto the screen at the same time with specific X,Y position for each cam stream window (organized similar to the "all cameras" view in Blue Iris)?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesk View Post
                        This is really sweet, guys! Is it possible with the Kodi plugin to have an event put multiple cam streams overlayed onto the screen at the same time with specific X,Y position for each cam stream window (organized similar to the "all cameras" view in Blue Iris)?
                        I haven't tested, but it should be easy to modify the default.py script (https://github.com/RyanMelenaNoesis/...cam/default.py) so that it displays the overlay at a specific position.
                        In this script search for xbmcgui.ControlImage() and change the 2 first parameters which should be the X, Y position.

Comment

Thanks, Spud. It does in fact work. For some reason, the security cam plugin is not obeying the windows size setting and is creating the windows at 480x480 even though the settings have been set to 640x480. The Kodi installation I was testing it on is a rpi-3 openelec install and may be flaky. I'll try it on a windows install of Kodi and report back. Very cool!

Comment

After some further testing it appears that changing the parameters for X,Y in default.py results in the window being drawn at the coordinates you enter there, but for some reason it forces the window to be drawn at 480x480 size regardless of what window size is entered into settings.xml (or through the gui settings of the addon). I've tried this on a few kodi installs as well as on an OSMC install.

Comment

I'm struggling getting this to work. I've got the addon set up with Kodi, but when I run it, it just shows the icon for the addon. I assume this is because it couldnt retrieve the stream/picture.

I've got a Hikvision Cube (2CD2432F-IW) camera set up, and on my computer I can get a snapshot picture on this adress: http://10.157.188.130/Streaming/channels/1/picture This adress also works with HSTouch. Yet, it wont show in the addon. I've tried several different adresses that all work on my computer, with no luck through Kodi.

Any tips?

Comment

Working...
                              X