X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
    Well it improved a bit.
    now the delay is down to 5-8 seconds.

but the update of the status on HS is also very slow.

i shutdown 3 devices and the first 2 were turned off right away but the third turned off after 8 seconds.
    the status on HS3 was also changed around 10 seconds later.

same thing happened when i turned the devices on.
    in the windows version it updated the status right away on all devices.

would you like me to make a small video of the issue?
    I don't need a video, I believe there is a delay, but it seems like its a little out of my control. The delay to update the hs status id definitely out of my control. I would suggest searching any of the hs Linux forums for similar issues.

can you post the detailed log snippet of the most recent test with the improved delays. I'm curious about the retries, and 'no response' msgs.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here you go:
      https://pastebin.com/Dup3gKdP

start from the bottom, you will see also a Poll status i did for the 3 devices.
      i turned on 2 devices and turned off 1 and vice versa

Comment

I did a little research on the mono implementation of the classes i'm using.

there definitely are issues with it which is what is probably causing the problems you are seeing

are you running the latest version of mono?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

yes
          i am using:

Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.0.201 (tarball Fri Oct 13 21:51:45 UTC 2017)
          Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
          TLS: __thread
          SIGSEGV: altstack
          Notifications: epoll
          Architecture: amd64
          Disabled: none
          Misc: softdebug
          LLVM: supported, not enabled.
          GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

since HS3 needs mono to run on linux there is no workaround it.
          and since a lot of users use Raspberry pi or Ztroller that is linux based, i am guessing they all experience this but dont know it could be a lot faster as it is on windows.
          let me know if you need anything and i will be more than happy to provide

Comment

one more config change to test. shutdown, add the following key/value to the [hub] section, restart.

[Hub]
            GetXMLBufferInterval=2000
            the default is 1000 msecs

this will slow down the polling of the hub looking for incoming responses
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok
              since i am at work now i will check it later (around 4 hours from now)
              will update you later.

Comment

ok
                since i am at work now i will check it later (around 4 hours from now)
                will update you later.
                ok. no rush.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok that last change speed up the response time dramatically.
                  i still see failed attempts in the log but now i can turn on/off several devices and have them at least respond with in seconds of each other
                  do you need the log?
                  any chance speeding it even more?

Comment

ok that last change speed up the response time dramatically.
                    i still see failed attempts in the log but now i can turn on/off several devices and have them at least respond with in seconds of each other
                    do you need the log?
                    any chance speeding it even more?
                    can you post a simple log of one On transaction
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK
                      i did a poll status and ran a few on and off on some lights.
                      here is the log for the linux with the latest Insteon.ini changes

https://pastebin.com/xGG6FGvn

here is doing the same test on windows:
                      https://pastebin.com/8ZsJZD0F

windows is still around 2-3 times faster

Comment

the linux log looks really good: something is up with Living Room Keypad.

maybe reduce the GetXMLBufferInterval from 2000 to 1500

and retest against Living Room Keypad. remember to shutdown before changing the ini

the windows log isn't in detailed mode.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

see the windows log now:
                          https://pastebin.com/DNMjv4Uc

The livingroom keypad isnt an issue on the windows HS.

here is the linux log after the last change
                          https://pastebin.com/tK9gyPyW

it seems faster now.

Comment

i think we are at the point of diminishing returns. I don't think you are going to be able to get the 100% (like windows) because of the know issues i mentioned previous.

can you play with the settings i've mentioned but there really is nothing else i can do.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark.
                              I think maybe Post a sticky note at the top of the forum for linux users and the changes they need you do.

Comment

Thanks Mark.
                                I think maybe Post a sticky note at the top of the forum for linux users and the changes they need you do.
                                i can add this to the docs. i'll keep tabs on this issue and see if other linux users report similar issues.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X