Z-Net Crashes regularly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net Crashes regularly

Every 1-2 weeks my Z-net will crash. Sometimes as it crashes all Z-wave devices in the house will turn on (approx 30 of them).

I can catch the error condition in the logs by searching for :-

The Zwave interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node

Once the error condition starts, for a while it reports some zwave commands being received, but it fails whenever it sends a command (Other people have reported the same fault).

Leading up to a crash I will start to get alot of the following in the logs :-

Z-Wave Warning Zwave: Unhandled frame for command class: 196 Received on interface Zwave

Zwave: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_DMX Received on interface Zwave

Z-Wave Warning Zwave: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_IP_CONFIGURATION Received on interface Zwave

Z-Wave Warning Zwave: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_ZIP_V2 Received on interface Zwave

Z-Wave Warning Zwave: Unhandled frame for command class: 164 Received on interface Zwave

Z-Wave Warning Zwave: Unhandled frame for command class: 205 Received on interface Zwave

Zwave: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_APPLICATION_CAPABILITY Received on interface Zwave

I am away from the house for weeks at a time so this is a real pain. I have rebooted the Z-Net remotely and it is currently working but still reporting the unhandled frame errors so if it keeps the same track record it will crash again shortly.

Is there a way to reboot the z-net automatically? I have BLLog reporting correctly when the Z-Net fails.

Also - any ideas on how to make the Z-Net more reliable?

answering my own question on how to script a reboot :-

wget http://<ip Address>/Main/Reboot.php

is working for me. I have seen issues where the ZNet needs to have a hard reboot but this may yallow me to limp through whilst hoping for a permanent fix.

Comment

Working...
    X